+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Getting Error #1032/#1034 and you are using Kaspersky Internet Security? Look inside!

Default Getting Error #1032/#1034 and you are using Kaspersky Internet Security? Look inside!

Ok, if you are getting that Error #1032/#1034 and you are using KSI (Kaspersky Internet Security) 2011 (version 11.0.2.556) you gotta follow these simple steps so you can download the game properly:

1) Right click the KSI icon in the system tray and select "Settings";
    2) Go to Advanced Settings (it's the 4th icon that looks like a box);
    3) Press "Settings" under Exclusions;
    4) Go to the "Trusted Applications" tab and click on Add - Applications. Now look for TRION Worlds Inc. and select the RIFT - Patcher and check all the boxes and then click on OK.
    5) Repeat step #4 but add RIFT - Patcher Updater as well;
    6) Click OK
    7) Click Apply then OK.
    8) Download the patch without getting that annoying Error #1032/#1034 message anymore!

After adding those 2 to exclusions you shouldn't see Error #1032 or #1034 anymore!

Just thought I'd give a heads up to anyone else getting those Errors that are also using KSI. If you're using another Anti-Virus/Firewall, you might want to add "riftpatchlive.exe" and "selfpatchlive.exe" to the exclusion list.
    Last edited by ---AlterEgo---; 02-23-2011 at 08:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass
    People on the internet are jerks, deal with it.

Shadowlander

For all you programmers out there. You gotta wonder how they ended up with "server disconnected" being error number 1032. I wonder what the first 1031 errors were...

Ya after about 2 trys of this I turned KS off and fixed it, so just allowed the whole program as trusted and worked just as well.

Great little guide, should work good for another anti-virus\firewall crap that might be blocking it haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacton View Post
    For all you programmers out there. You gotta wonder how they ended up with "server disconnected" being error number 1032. I wonder what the first 1031 errors were...
    haha, probably "Server disconnected... Rift's Side" haha. Maybe we'll find out someday :O.

Thanks so much, I didn't even have to resort to google!

Quote Originally Posted by Tacton View Post
    As someone who has worked PC tech support for 10 years, I'm fairly certain that most of the 1031 errors were somehow PEBKAC related. Those of you familiar with the term will probably agree with me...:-)
    A must read for all people

The tale of Two Noobs

First half of the download went fine for me, but then I got a network error. I think it was 1032 but not sure. Restarted the D/L, and quickly got the same error. I'm using the firewall that's built into Win 7. Then I read the post and added "riftpatchlive.exe" to the exclusion list. Ten minutes later, and d/l picked up where it stopped and seems to be proceeding nicely (well, relatively nicely anyway)

For those with a similar config, here are the steps

1. Start Button
    2. Control Panel
    3. Windows Firewall
    4. Allow a program or feature through Windows firewall (list on the left, one of the items WITHOUT a shield icon
    5. Allow another program
    6. Find and select "Play RIFT" from the list and click ADD

Hopefully, this will help others.
    A must read for all people

The tale of Two Noobs

Rift Disciple

Thumbs up

Double post, for some reason/
    Last edited by DooieAap; 02-22-2011 at 11:55 PM.

Rift Disciple

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ---AlterEgo--- View Post
    Ok, if you are getting that Error #1032/#1034 and you are using KSI (Kaspersky Internet Security) you gotta follow these simple steps so you can download the game properly:
    You, kind sir, are my Hero of the Day! Thanks so much for making this post!

Soulwalker

Didnt work for me.. Even tried disabling windows firewall altogether, still getting 1032 =(

Soulwalker

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ---AlterEgo--- View Post
    Ok, if you are getting that Error #1032/#1034 and you are using KSI (Kaspersky Internet Security) you gotta follow these simple steps so you can download the game properly:

1) Right click the KSI icon in the system tray and select "Settings";
    2) Go to Advanced Settings (it's the 4th icon that looks like a box);
    3) Press "Settings" under Exclusions;
    4) Go to the "Trusted Applications" tab and click on Add - Applications. Now look for TRION Worlds Inc. and select the RIFT - Patcher and check all the boxes and then click on OK.
    5) Repeat step #4 but add RIFT - Patcher Updater as well;
    6) Click OK
    7) Click Apply then OK.
    8) Download the patch without getting that annoying Error #1032/#1034 message anymore!

After adding those 2 to exclusions you shouldn't see Error #1032 or #1034 anymore!

Just thought I'd give a heads up to anyone else getting those Errors that are also using KSI. If you're using another Anti-Virus/Firewall, you might want to add "riftpatchlive.exe" and "selfpatchlive.exe" to the exclusion list.
    I'm sure that this will help a TON of people. Great work, AlterEgo!

Soulwalker

Hah. Too bad I didn't read this before I called out Comcast and made them visit my house to find out what was wrong with my connection.

Soulwalker

I think i love you

Great stuff mate,thanks for taking the time to post

Quote Originally Posted by Vitaee View Post
    As someone who has worked PC tech support for 10 years, I'm fairly certain that most of the 1031 errors were somehow PEBKAC related. Those of you familiar with the term will probably agree with me...:-)
    I tend to lean more toward PICNIC, this way the fault is completely set.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast