+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No uninstaller on my PC for RIFT BETA

Muj

Default No uninstaller on my PC for RIFT BETA

I cannot seem to find anyway to uninstall RIFT BETA client from my PC, it is not in the start menu like the game guide says, I cannot see it when I go to control panel and I've opened the directory to where I downloaded the client and there is no file that appears to be an uninstaller. Would anyone be able to give me any advice? :S

Quote Originally Posted by Muj View Post
    I cannot seem to find anyway to uninstall RIFT BETA client from my PC, it is not in the start menu like the game guide says, I cannot see it when I go to control panel and I've opened the directory to where I downloaded the client and there is no file that appears to be an uninstaller. Would anyone be able to give me any advice? :S

I would delete the folder then go to registry and remove all its records

Asus SABERTOOTH X58, Intel® Core™ i7 950 3.06GHz, Syncmaster 2333 23", Kingston HyperX 12GB DDR3 1333MHz NVidia GeForce GTX 570, Western Digital 1TB SATA3, Thermaltake Armor Plus, Enermax PRO82 625W, Windows 7 Ulti x64

Download CCleaner and use the uninstall option. http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4 GHz RAM: 8 GB GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 1333 MOBO: Gigabyte GA-MA790GPT-UD3H Case: Cooler Master ATCS 840

GPU: Crossfired Dual XFX ATI HD 5850 PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800 W modular PSU Storage: Western Digital Caviar black 1 TB x2 Raid 0

Keyboard: Logitech G110 Mouse: Logitech G9x O.S.: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Telaran

control panel add/remove programs or programs and features sections? its in the list just as RIFT...

Muj

Quote Originally Posted by Police01040 View Post
    I would delete the folder then go to registry and remove all its records
    I don't have any experience using registry (or navigating to it lol)

Muj

Quote Originally Posted by Peteed1985 View Post
    control panel add/remove programs or programs and features sections? its in the list just as RIFT...
    I know how to get there, RIFT is not on my list of installed programs for some reason though

Muj

Quote Originally Posted by Anakha View Post
    Download CCleaner and use the uninstall option. http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
    The uninstall option isn't helping because it just reroutes the same list from my control panel... still cannot uninstall

Telaran

I know how to get there, RIFT is not on my list of installed programs for some reason though
    how did you install it? this isn't a copied and pasted folder already installed is it?

The uninstall option isn't helping because it just reroutes the same list from my control panel... still cannot uninstall
    have you restarted yet??

It's possible that it uninstalled so quickly that you didn't know it happened, as happnened with my install of the RIFT live patcher it auto uninstalled my last content for me...
    Tehjianna Starweaver
    Hailol, Threesprings, Deepwood PVe Servers and Faeblight
    ~~Practically all servers have a character I made, but my Main is DeepWood!

Mayelianna, Arylenna, Airey, Zartanya, Kynne, Aibanna Maeyara & Mayeli as wel ;P

dude you click on RIFT. You then click "uninstall". The software handles the rest.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4 GHz RAM: 8 GB GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 1333 MOBO: Gigabyte GA-MA790GPT-UD3H Case: Cooler Master ATCS 840

GPU: Crossfired Dual XFX ATI HD 5850 PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800 W modular PSU Storage: Western Digital Caviar black 1 TB x2 Raid 0

Keyboard: Logitech G110 Mouse: Logitech G9x O.S.: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Muj

Quote Originally Posted by Anakha View Post
    dude you click on RIFT. You then click "uninstall". The software handles the rest.
    "E:/RIFT BETA]RIFT Beta\riftpatchlive.exe is not a valid Win32 application." That is the only message I get when trying to start RIFT from my start menu and when opening the actual beta client app I used during BETA there is no option for uninstall once it has started up

@ Ta - I have not been able to run uninstaller at all.
    Last edited by Muj; 02-22-2011 at 10:56 PM.

Muj

Meh, will just trying deleting all files, cleaning registry with CCleaner and downloading the client.

Appears to have worked fine this way. Thanks for all the feedback.
    Last edited by Muj; 02-22-2011 at 11:25 PM.

+ Reply to Thread