+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Live Patcher Loop #HELP!

Exclamation Live Patcher Loop #HELP!

TRION WE NEED A FIX NOW! PLEASE RESPOND TO SUPPORT!

UPDATE #6 *****FIX*****:

Fix for patcher, whether this is permanent or not who knows but awesome work thanks so much
    kn0wit

NOTE: we have riftpatchlive.exe, but seems that we need a updated version of selfpatchlive.exe also. Someone kindly upload!!

Copy and paste updated client from this post into your 'Rift Game' Directory, and overwrite, it will then have the updated patcher which works!

UPDATED PATCHER: http://cid-93cf02a30e153175.office.l...live-28-7a.zip

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?79855-Live-Patcher-Loop-HELP!/page8
    -------------------------------------------------------

TEMP FIX## Disconnect from internet, load patcher, connect internet, login with username and password and patch - well dosent get rid of patcher issue but you can patch the game until this problem is fixed ##
    Thankyou Kadegf!

So i have fully removed all of the files on my pc and uninstalled the Rift Beta client.
    Used Regseeker also to remove files from registry and deleted all files out of the C: drive related to rift.

Installed the new Live Rift Client, and it asks to update the RiftPatch needs updating. Update now?
    Clicking yes, it installs different things and auto reboots the patcher and comes straight back to the same thing? WT?

Ive removed and reinstalled the live patcher again, but same result.
    Multiple restarts and ive gone through updating and updating the patcher for about 30 times and ended up assuming theres some loop and problem here?

HELP ME - NEED RIFT WORKING

#Update
    - I have removed AVG and all antivirus protection, added exception into windows firewall for Rift client although had no problems with Beta
    -Removed all client setup and installed fresh copy yet again.
    -Removed latest system update.
    -Reverted back to last system restore (yesterday)
    -Tried running patcher as admin (as running win 7 64bit)
    -Tried running all different .exe and files in Rift Game directory (riftpatchlive, selfpatchlive, rift-live, hardwaredector) all with same result.

#Update 2
    -Unable to connect with patch server, please try again later - Error #1021), assume patching server overloaded or down?

#Update 3
    -Intermittent between loop and patch server unavailable, more loop affecting - tried on different PC with same result.
    -Reset local router/modem and tried again - same problem

#Update 4
    -Tested on fully new fresh Virtual PC with same problem, possibly location based (i live in New Zealand, or maybe throttling oceanic users behind US or closer based users?)
    -Patch server intermittently offline, but when online looping problem occurs.
    -Internet still fine, router reset did nothing. Ran TCP viewer and nothing blocking ports/tcp connection for patcher.

#Update 5
    -Looked around for error 1021, problems with riftpatch.cfg but this new patcher no longer has this file - i tried to delete out some random files to see if it auto repairs them but it still tries to update patcher first.
    -Disabled firewall to no avail.

I mean if this is how its supposed to work, is it the 100th client patch that actually gets it working, how rediculous is that?
    Does anyone have any assistance as i assume many many people have this problem.
    Last edited by Feeling; 02-23-2011 at 06:34 PM.
    Live
    Level 43 Guardian Rogue
    <Forsaken Destiny>

Health
    Level 50 Guardian Mage
    <Forsaken Destiny>

www.forsaken-destiny.net

(\_/)
    (-)
    (><)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Soulwalker

I've got the exact same problem.

Help please!

Soulwalker

Same problem here on 2 different PCs!!!!

Soulwalker

Also experiencing this issue

Soulwalker

Default Same

Same as above also from NZ

Soulwalker

hey guys i have the same problem as above, a quick way to solve is disconnect from the internet, launch the client then reconnect and log in, you CAN download the full client then but it does not solve the patcher issue

permanent fix would be nice

Rift Disciple

Got to be your location or your ISP provider.

My suggestion is to get some sleep, go do something else and try again in 4 hours... try at an aqward time for you... (lousy for you is probably prime for download).

Hate to say it, but it's probably Fate!

Soulwalker

Default downloadin

SAme issue as above. I live in Indiana and my provider is Insight.
    Last edited by Oschidt; 02-22-2011 at 10:29 PM.

Soulwalker

Same issue here, ISP is Telecom (xtra). Also in NZ, and I assume the majority of you are with the same ISP? Might have to contact them. See if the issue resolves itself first, but if anyone finds a solution let us know.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kadegf View Post
    hey guys i have the same problem as above, a quick way to solve is disconnect from the internet, launch the client then reconnect and log in, you CAN download the full client then but it does not solve the patcher issue

Worked for me, just disconnected the net adaptor opened rift, skipped past updates till login screen, reconnected net, logged in and hit update.

Nice and im In NZ telecom (xtra)
    Last edited by Demonsunder; 02-22-2011 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Additional info

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kadegf View Post

That worked for me, downloading now

btw, I am also with Telecom in AKL, NZ.
    Last edited by Hogadog; 02-22-2011 at 10:30 PM.

Thanks so much Kadegf, appreciate your temp fix . Someone help us lol!.
    Yes im with Telecome (Xtra) NZ.

BTW - As i've found some NZ players, which server will you's be playing on if you dont mind me asking while we are in this position?
    Live
    Level 43 Guardian Rogue
    <Forsaken Destiny>

Health
    Level 50 Guardian Mage
    <Forsaken Destiny>

www.forsaken-destiny.net

(\_/)
    (-)
    (><)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Soulwalker

No problem guys

I'm in Auckland, NZ too also with telecom.

Ill be rolling on briarcliff, with a few aus/kiwi buddies

How bout you guys??

nm...

10char
    Last edited by Chandria; 02-22-2011 at 10:34 PM.

Soulwalker

Default also from NZ

Im from NZ also and experiencing this problem and so is my friend, also to the guy who asking about what server other kiwis are rolling on me and my mates about 5-6 of us all from NZ are going to be playing on Seastone guardian side at headstart

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast