+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for confirmation on game back-up

Telaran

Default Looking for confirmation on game back-up

I purchased the electronic version of the game and was wondering if I could just copy the game directory and use this as a backup.

Basically, I am wondering if I have a HDD go bad can I just copy the Rift Game directory to my new HDD and play without re-downloading the game. My assumption is yes but assumptions can bite you in the arse.
    Last edited by UserX; 02-22-2011 at 09:20 PM.

Which digital did you buy? Steam you can just back-up game folder via the menu. rest not to sure, till i can patch the game.
    __̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kalec View Post
    Which digital did you buy? Steam you can just back-up game folder via the menu. rest not to sure, till i can patch the game.
    My mistake, I should have specified that in my OP. I bought directly from Trionís Site.

Rift Disciple

probably, but you would still need to install the launcher/patcher on whatever computer you copy the backup to first.

I'm installing the launcher on my wife's computer and then going to copy my installed "rift game" directory over to her empty "rift game" folder, just like i did in beta.
    Last edited by Malformed; 02-22-2011 at 09:25 PM.

Telaran

I'm thinking it shouldn't be a problem.

Telaran

lol, Just installed the patcher and it takes a look at the file directory to determine what needs to be downloaded, looks like it will work fine.
    Last edited by UserX; 02-22-2011 at 09:28 PM.

+ Reply to Thread