+ Reply to Thread

Thread: problem installing the live patcher

Soulwalker

Default problem installing the live patcher

Im having a problem installing the live patcher after uninstalling the beta client. This is the error Im gettting

Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid.
    C:\Windows\Installer\{D7A0A22A-C132-4B6F-8D68-67B95117DE93}\1033.MST

I go into the C:\Windows folder and I dont see the Installer folder its asking for. I have gone through the regestry and cleaned out all the trion/rift files and redownloaded the installer but I still get this error. I have also gone and made sure that windows is fully updated as it can get .Any help would be awsome since the head start is 2 days away. Thx in advance.

RIFT Community Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by chillidog View Post
    I go into the C:\Windows folder and I dont see the Installer folder its asking for..
    by default this folder is purposely hidden and made a system folder so you cant do anything to it. this is so you dont go messing around with things as it could cause problems.

if you want to go look around the folder though do this:

• cmd
    • cd\
    • attrib c:\windows\installer -S -H
    • exit

after you do this you will be able to see the Installer folder you were looking for in the windows directory.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Soulwalker

Ok I just got the install folder to be seen and found the file, but how do I verify ? after looking in the properties of the file there are 2 versions. 1 from when I was updating windows and 1 from about an hour ago. but I was having this problem befor I updated windows. Any Clue?

having this issue and I can see the folder and the file np...

Soulwalker

Ok I have deleted the file after making a copy, no fix. I have done a system restore, no fix. I have reinstalled the .net framework 4.0 just to make sure there was nothing wrong with it, no fix. I have reinstalled windows and will post a result in a few hours.

Plane Touched

Good luck! I'd also re-download the live patcher just incase.

Soulwalker

Already redownloaded the patcher about 8 times. I have'nt made it home yet to see if the fresh install is going to work will post results before 4pm est

Soulwalker

Ok got it fixed with the reinstall of windows. So to anyone else thats having this same problem I suggest the reinstall of your OS or restore to a point several months ago and see if that works before the reinstall

+ Reply to Thread