+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need answers on my FPs problem in rift.

Soulwalker

Default Need answers on my FPs problem in rift.

Everytime i played the beta events, my computer seemed to be showing very slow FPs. with very little people around im around 20-40 FPs but when there is like a rift open with people or going in meridian, my FPs dropped to ike 5 everytime. I don't know the problem so maybe someone can tell me what to do and maybe upgrade what.
    Here Is My Computer Specs: Amd Quad-Core 9500 processor 2.2gz ////// 4g ram ddr2 i believe maybe ddr3/////// (2) Dual Radeon HD 6850's Graphic Cards 1G GDDR5--------- 775w Power Supply ///////// Running Windows 7 64bit///////////// Anything i need to fix or upgrade and why? And also everything is up to date.
    Last edited by cypher29; 02-22-2011 at 08:28 PM.

RIFT Community Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by cypher29 View Post
    Everytime i played the beta events, my computer seemed to be showing very slow FPs. with very little people around im around 20-40 FPs but when there is like a rift open with people or going in meridian, my FPs dropped to ike 5 everytime. I don't know the problem so maybe someone can tell me what to do and maybe upgrade what.
    Here Is My Computer Specs: Amd Quad-Core 9500 processor 2.2gz ////// 4g ram ddr2 i believe maybe ddr3/////// (2) Dual Radeon HD 6850's Graphic Cards 1G DDR5--------- 775w Power Supply ///////// Running Windows 7 64bit///////////// Anything i need to fix or upgrade and why? And also everything is up to date.
    yes, update the processor. its slow and you should be running something more around 3ghz+ if possible or as close to it as you can get. really thats the only thing i see wrong from what you listed.

here http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download/standard
    that will tell you exactly whats in your computer if you are unsure about stuff.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

It's your CPU, keep scrolling down until you see the red box

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_look...9500+Quad-Core

Soulwalker

Default Thanks.

Thanks for the help guys. One more question....... what exact processor should i get to go with my Graphic Cards and what i already have.

Soulwalker

Find out what amd chips are compatible with your motherboard

Go to tomshardware . com and look at the cpu benchmarks for the top 5 amd chips, pick the one you can afford if it works with your motherboard. Everything else looks ok.

If you decide to buy a new computer.... please buy an i7 from intel. Intel is literally twice the power of amd.
    Last edited by Lethius; 02-23-2011 at 12:31 AM.

That passmark site is a complete joke and dont take a look at it.
    it has the worst scewed reports ever. No serious builder/tester ever look a it.

Your CPU is fine, just OC to a higher speed. Upgrading wont give you much of a boost.
    be sure to use a good cooler for your OC. Coolermaster Hyper 212+ Great price/Performance.

Good place to help OC is here http://www.overclock.net

Also your running in crossfire mode. Goto www.amd.com, download latest drivers and be sure to also download ATI Catalyst Application Profiles, which has Rift crossfire profile to help improve FPS performance.
    __̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__

Soulwalker

Default K

ill start reading on how o overclock my CPU. Hopefully can get it to at least 2.6ghz.

Quote Originally Posted by cypher29 View Post
    ill start reading on how o overclock my CPU. Hopefully can get it to at least 2.6ghz.
    Dont forget that you have a phenom , not a phenom 2 which have more cache and are in general a good deal faster.

If you have DDR3 ram which means your mainboard is AM3 you can upgrade to cheap cpu like the AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition (which runs at 3.2 ghz). Or if it is ddr2 and you got an AM2 or AM2+ mainboard you should check if yours support 1055T Thuban .

+ Reply to Thread