+ Reply to Thread

Thread: does rift support 3d?

Soulwalker

Default does rift support 3d?

i was thinking about buy a 3d vision kit(glasses and all) does rift support 3d yet?

RIFT Community Ambassador

yes, ive seen posts where they have said it is working. go look around the forum for them.
    Last edited by HeavyMetalLucidity; 02-22-2011 at 09:00 PM.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Shadowlander

Default No, not really

Quote Originally Posted by skair kro View Post
    i was thinking about buy a 3d vision kit(glasses and all) does rift support 3d yet?
    Greetings,

Please see this thread I've posted in the Beta forums
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ysis-of-Issues

Short answer:
    It works well enough (sort of: except for certain things rendering at screen depth such as speech bubbles & mouse cursor) to play in the low quality rendering, but the high quality rendering is very broken in 3D.

If you're think of buying 3D Vision just for Rift, don't bother yet. If you play other games, then it's definitely worth it. WoW works perfectly, in fact more games work great than don't by a large large margin... it's few & far between to come across something that isn't rendered in a way that 3D Vision gets along with... unforunately Rift falls into that category right now, at least as far as the betas were concerned.

"Next Gen MMO" needs to play nice with stereoscopic rendering!
    Last edited by Vaelo; 02-22-2011 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelo View Post
    Greetings,

Please see this thread I've posted in the Beta forums
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ysis-of-Issues

Short answer:
    It works well enough (sort of: except for certain things rendering at screen depth such as speech bubbles & mouse cursor) to play in the low quality rendering, but the high quality rendering is very broken in 3D.

If you're think of buying 3D Vision just for Rift, don't bother yet. If you play other games, then it's definitely worth it. WoW works perfectly, in fact more games work great than don't by a large large margin... it's few & far between to come across something that isn't rendered in a way that 3D Vision gets along with... unforunately Rift falls into that category right now, at least as far as the betas were concerned.

"Next Gen MMO" needs to play nice with stereoscopic rendering!
    I once tried stereoscopic 3d using a normal LCD monitor and hacked Nvidia drivers a long time ago. It rendered two seemingly identical images side by side, and you crossed your eyes and focused on the center image and it would be in 3d without need for glasses. I played with my eyes locked crosseyed for about 4 hours.

The thought of seeing something in 3d again still turns my stomach. Glasses or not - the aftermath of that experience ruined it for me.

Example image for what I'm talking about. The image quality is superb like this since there are no washed out colors - sadly it's not at all healthy.
    http://gallery.neochroma.com/Stereo-..._QnVCH-M-1.jpg
    Last edited by Forum Troll; 02-22-2011 at 10:36 PM. Reason: even though it wasn't ****, having the word erotica in my example image may not be good for my infraction count. Changed.
    My computer
    Proud member of the Forum Troll fan club.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Troll View Post
    I once tried stereoscopic 3d using a normal LCD monitor and hacked Nvidia drivers a long time ago. It rendered two seemingly identical images side by side, and you crossed your eyes and focused on the center image and it would be in 3d without need for glasses. I played with my eyes locked crosseyed for about 4 hours.

The thought of seeing something in 3d again still turns my stomach. Glasses or not - the aftermath of that experience ruined it for me.
    LOL!

What in the world?

That's a hell of an idea isn't it?
    Intel Core I7 920 @ 3.6GHz --- 6GB DDR3 --- 2X - nVidia GTX470 SLi --- nVidia 3D Vision

+ Reply to Thread