+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LIVE Patcher not working

Soulwalker

Default LIVE Patcher not working

I uninstalled RIFT Beta, and ironically as most are saying it did not uninstall, so after manually removing the RIFT folder I ran the new RIFT LIVE Launcher only to receive this error message right away.

'Error Reading Setup Initialization File'

After allowing windows to run the program i receive this message regardless of if I run it normal or as an administrator.

Im trying to install this for Head Start on thurs and not having much luck. Anyone else out there experienced this, and more importantly has anyone fixed this?

RIFT Community Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by VaraugTheWitchHunter View Post
    I uninstalled RIFT Beta, and ironically as most are saying it did not uninstall, so after manually removing the RIFT folder I ran the new RIFT LIVE Launcher only to receive this error message right away.

'Error Reading Setup Initialization File'

After allowing windows to run the program i receive this message regardless of if I run it normal or as an administrator.

Im trying to install this for Head Start on thurs and not having much luck. Anyone else out there experienced this, and more importantly has anyone fixed this?
    havent seen it.
    what i did for my uninstall though was

uninstall rift beta (obviously they have uninstaller issues as i like many also had practically all files left over)
    manually removed the main rift folder and the one in the appdata folder (i.e the one with rift.cfg and stuff like that)
    then i ran ccleaner to make sure i got rid of all the other stuff that was rift related

ran new launcher and everything installed fine. now if only they would fix whatever the problem is thats preventing ppl from downloading the game.
    Last edited by HeavyMetalLucidity; 02-22-2011 at 07:09 PM.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Soulwalker

***FIXED***

I dloaded the CCleaner and ran it. redownloaded the Live Patch and all is good now. Thx for ur help!

+ Reply to Thread