+ Reply to Thread

Thread: enter key binds

Shadowlander

Default enter key binds

anyone know a way to rebind the num_pad_enter key? even if its by hand?

im a leftie and it has its advantages, namely, im not stuck using the WASD combo for movement.
    im fortunate enough to be able to use the mouse for left-hand mouselook and have my entire right hand free to use the numberpad for movement and ancillary commands.

one caveat...

the game looks at the num_pad_enter key as a duplicate enter key and not as its own seperate entity. therefore, in the heat of leet pvp actions.... i find myself opening chat by accident and all numpad button smashes that follow end up in a chat window.

so many times now i have died with an open chat window full of 1464546321327987962131321321.....

please help.

to be able to bind chat to the space bar... and rebind the enter and num_pad_enter key as seperate entities would be a blessing.

thanks in advance
    Last edited by Zzyzxx; 02-22-2011 at 05:06 PM.

Shadowlander

Default feature requests

Is there at least a forum for feature requests?

Off-hand, I see nothing thats jumping out at me.

A suggestion-box perhaps?

Rebind the numpad key's to something else on your keyboard. 8 to w 4 to a 6 to d - and so on..

I have some keybinds that involves alt, alt+q alt+e, alt+r for example. And alot of times still holding down alt and then trying to tab target obviously minimized the game for me. And since there was no option to disable alt+tab, I simply bound tab targeting to another key (0) and then bound my tab key to 0. That way, I disabled the alt+tab function while still being able to use tab for tabtargeting.
    Last edited by Kaligolas; 02-22-2011 at 08:07 PM.

Shadowlander

Default umm

""im a leftie and it has its advantages, namely, im not stuck using the WASD combo for movement.""

i think you missed my point.

everything on the numberpad is bound just as i want it to be.

what im looking to to... is to ALSO be able to bind the numberpad enter key and NOT have it function as a duplicate keyboard enter key.

id like to be able to RE-bind "chat open" to something BESIDES the kb_enter / num_pad enter key.
    why have 2 different buttons for the same function?

basically... does the syntax exist to allow us to manually do it by hand editing our keybinds... even if the dialog within the game client doesnt give us the option to?
    Last edited by Zzyzxx; 02-22-2011 at 08:27 PM.

+ Reply to Thread