+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Error reading setup initialization file

Telaran

Default Error reading setup initialization file

I am attempting to install the game in preparation for the 24th but after I download and run the patcher, I get that error message. Searching the forums I get links to the beta forums from december with no help. I did uninstall the beta and manually deleted the remaining files. My firewall is disabled as well. Is their something I am missing or is their an error with the patcher? Thank you in advance.

Read the message at the top of the patcher, since you have it open. Or read the sticky thread on the forums from the devs.

*Edit: Basically, it will be available later tonight, but is not open for download yet. You should get an email, like with the beta events.
    Last edited by Rari; 02-22-2011 at 05:01 PM.

Telaran

I am unable to install the patcher at all and was unable to see this information from that point. But I do thank you for the link.

Telaran

I am still unable to install the patcher and continue to get the same error message.

Quote Originally Posted by Xzaral View Post
    I am still unable to install the patcher and continue to get the same error message.
    delete the patcher file itself and redownload the patcher and try again.

Telaran

And that worked. Thank you. I had tried last night multiple times without sucess, but didn't think to do it again this morning (still not quite awake I would guess). Thank you for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Xzaral View Post
    And that worked. Thank you. I had tried last night multiple times without sucess, but didn't think to do it again this morning (still not quite awake I would guess). Thank you for the tip.
    Anytime

+ Reply to Thread