+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Uninstalling Beta, Installing Live patcher

Soulwalker

Default Uninstalling Beta, Installing Live patcher

Hey, I un-installed the RIFT beta but I think something went wrong.

When I go to install the Live patcher it says

"The setup has detected that no version of RIFT is installed. The Specified command-line options require that the application be installed to continue.
    The setup will now terminate"

I deleted all the extra files in the rift directory and in my /users/ directory.

What now?

I had the same problem. Uninstalling the RIFT beta from the Windows 7 control panel did not remove the game files.

Where do you find the Live Patcher at?

Telaran

I just noticed this too. When I tried to uninstall the Rift beta, nothing was removed. Installing that Rift live client created a new directory, but the old beta files still exist. Hopefully this doesn't cause any problems because now I have no ways of removing the old beta files without manually deleting them.

Soulwalker

i was able to uninstall using the uninstall shortcut in the start menu - try that

Plane Touched

live patch is up let that is why

Soulwalker

Is it necessary to delete the Beta client if you bought the game on STEAM?

Quote Originally Posted by Pootleshooter View Post
    No.

Source: it says so on the place where you dl the client.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Utherix View Post
    No.

Source: it says so on the place where you dl the client.
    That's what I thought I was understanding, just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

Soulwalker

I am still getting this error when trying to install.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Pootleshooter View Post

WHENEVER YOU INSTALL A NEW VERSION- GET RID OF THE OLD VERSION FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's no different than installing a new OS, a new driver, etc- always best to start with a clean palet... regardless of what you have heard, read, seen. Uninstall from the Beta and primary client if you didn't... remove it all and then install a fresh- clean- copy.

If you are still having errors... It could be the 1000s of us who are desparate to start playing competing for limited network resources... (sorry we are just closer than You).

Try again later.

Last edited by Thallan; 02-22-2011 at 10:35 PM. Reason: proofing

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Thallan View Post
    WHENEVER YOU INSTALL A NEW VERSION- GET RID OF THE OLD VERSION FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's no different than installing a new OS, a new driver, etc- always best to start with a clean palet... regardless of what you have heard, read, seen. Uninstall from the Beta and primary client if you didn't... remove it all and then install a fresh- clean- copy.

If you are still having errors... It could be the 1000s of us who are desparate to start playing competing for limited network resources... (sorry we are just closer than You).

Try again later.

thats funny cause they say you dont have to if you bought it from steam or amazon before flaming him ya might want to make sure your facts are strait and if ya dont belive me here is the link read the print.

http://www.riftgame.com/en/headstart/index.php

Soulwalker

Bump because I still am having this problem and can not install.

"The setup has detected that no version of RIFT is Installed. The Specified command-line options require that the application be installed to continue. Setup will now terminate."
    Last edited by Aertski; 02-23-2011 at 11:15 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Aertski View Post
    Bump because I still am having this problem and can not install.

"The setup has detected that no version of RIFT is Installed. The Specified command-line options require that the application be installed to continue. Setup will now terminate."

I've uninstalled through the control panel, deleted the RIFT beta folder, and still getting this BLEEPIN error. Why has no one responded from tech on this issue?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by johniflek View Post
    I've uninstalled through the control panel, deleted the RIFT beta folder, and still getting this BLEEPIN error. Why has no one responded from tech on this issue?
    Figured it out myself. I think it has something to do with the uninstall via windows control panel leaving garbage in the registry. I ran AVG's free 1x pc tuner to clean my register and then was able to get the LIVE patcher work.

+ Reply to Thread