+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MacOS Client?

Soulwalker

Default MacOS Client?

I've searched around on the boards, and havn't seen anything concerning a native MacOS client?

Will I have to wait 2-3 years for this, akin to WoW?

I hope not..
    I only built this PC last year for games... I hate using it.
    And come july, the new iMac will beat the hell out of this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thebacklash View Post
    I hope not..
    I only built this PC last year for games... I hate using it.
    And come july, the new iMac will beat the hell out of this thing.
    You would hope so, 12 months later? And a new PC will beat the IMac for a fraction of the price.

OP - no current native mac support, in the future - maybe. People have been using bootcamp etc successfully. Plenty of threads out there on it.
    Last edited by BlackUdder; 02-22-2011 at 03:20 PM.

Soulwalker

Either use wine to run .exe... Doubt it'll work very good
    Or install windows on bootcamp.
    Or you know... don't buy overpriced machines that perform half as well as windows with practicly the same hardware except 2/3 times cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by BlackUdder View Post
    You would hope so, 12 months later? And a new PC will beat the IMac for a fraction of the price.

OP - no current native mac support, in the future - maybe. People have been using bootcamp etc successfully. Plenty of threads out there on it.
    actually built this in sept.
    but june/july would be about a year.. heard rumors of late April also.

and sorry, outside dedicated games, windows loses every mac/pc debate. except Virus, PC owns that one...

overpriced? hmm, in 6 months I can sell my iMac for 80% what i paid for it. can you do that with windows? nah... Apple holds its value, PC's don't. you have to sell/upgrade all the time. I picked up a used intel mac Mini 7 months ago, sold it last week for same price i paid...
    I love the gaming laptops with 2 hour battery life and weigh 8lbs+ and run a lower/same framerate as my MBP. and funny thing is... they cost MORE than my MBP did.

I'll keep this PC for games, send the video in to my 27" iMac screen. hell... i wonder if the PC can even run that Res well enough lol.

actually built this in sept.
    but june/july would be about a year.. heard rumors of late April also.

and sorry, outside dedicated games, windows loses every mac/pc debate. except Virus, PC owns that one...

overpriced? hmm, in 6 months I can sell my iMac for 80% what i paid for it. can you do that with windows? nah... Apple holds its value, PC's don't. you have to sell/upgrade all the time. I picked up a used intel mac Mini 7 months ago, sold it last week for same price i paid...
    I love the gaming laptops with 2 hour battery life and weigh 8lbs+ and run a lower/same framerate as my MBP. and funny thing is... they cost MORE than my MBP did.

I'll keep this PC for games, send the video in to my 27" iMac screen. hell... i wonder if the PC can even run that Res well enough lol.
    Now now, don't be sorry, cause you are the one who's wrong.

And lol, you pay a premium for that oh so important 'resale' value. But I guess the study was right: http://www.adrants.com/2008/02/study...lfcentered.php

But don't know worry, I know you're better than all of us.. after all, you own an uber fashion accessory with high resale value! and no viruses.. oh, except: http://www.zdnet.com.au/mac-os-x-hac...-139241748.htm

Oh, and this thread has been done before: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...inst-mac-users

/thread.
    Last edited by BlackUdder; 02-22-2011 at 08:44 PM.

"They are more likely to use teeth whitening products," Nope.
    "buy organic food," Unless you count Meat as organic... no.
    "purchase more shoes (an average of five pairs last year)," I think i have 2 pairs of boots, 1 shoes. total..
    "frequent Starbucks" Hate coffee
    "and drive a hybrid car." No, but i do my part and burn 3-4x the gas they do. to make up for them.

"They also pay for music they find on the internet (50 percent versus 16 percent of PC users)." I haven't listened to music in years. song here and there.. nothing purchased for sure.

and a 3 year old article, which also states mac users have a much higher satisfaction with their purchase than PC users.

All PC has is games anymore... and the virus market.

and grats for posting a 5 year old HACK, not a Virus....
    Last edited by Thebacklash; 02-22-2011 at 09:04 PM.

No Mac client, because Macs aren't worth designing games for.

Oh, unless they're 5 years-too-late ports or random indie games that cost $5.00.

"They are more likely to use teeth whitening products," Nope.
    "buy organic food," Unless you count Meat as organic... no.
    "purchase more shoes (an average of five pairs last year)," I think i have 2 pairs of boots, 1 shoes. total..
    "frequent Starbucks" Hate coffee
    "and drive a hybrid car." No, but i do my part and burn 3-4x the gas they do. to make up for them.

"They also pay for music they find on the internet (50 percent versus 16 percent of PC users)." I haven't listened to music in years. song here and there.. nothing purchased for sure.

and a 3 year old article, which also states mac users have a much higher satisfaction with their purchase than PC users.

All PC has is games anymore... and the virus market.

and grats for posting a 5 year old HACK, not a Virus....
    1. I didn't say it was a virus. If you wanted me to link to virus proof, i'd of used: http://antivirus.about.com/od/antivi...p/aamacvir.htm
    2. Congrats you are in the minority?
    3. Virus = lol. It's called antivirus software, and not being gullible. The only reason mac's don't have more of them is because.. err.. you have like 10% market share so nobody cares.
    4. "study find 85% of Apple users also own a PC" Geez, I wonder why? lol http://gigaom.com/apple/study-finds-...lso-have-a-pc/
    5. I love how you apple fanboys always turn it into a mac vs microsoft debate. You do realize people run other operating systems on their PC's too right? They also don't get locked down with apple garbage, or overpriced and under-performing hardware. Plus they can customize and upgrade their hardware however they like, and have a lot more control over it etc, etc, etc
    6. Being better at games is a HUGE plus - this is a MMO gaming forum yeah?
    7. Keep talking, you're only proving my point.
    Last edited by BlackUdder; 02-22-2011 at 09:53 PM.

Bootcamp

Thread over.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by nickje View Post
    Either use wine to run .exe... Doubt it'll work very good
    Or install windows on bootcamp.
    Or you know... don't buy overpriced machines that perform half as well as windows with practicly the same hardware except 2/3 times cheaper
    Actually, that's not true. Macs perform very well given the hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackUdder View Post
    yeah, you didnt say Virus.....

and if you read the About.com link, the majority of those antivirus programs, protect mac users from SPREADING virus that attack PC users. "For example, if you use Parallels with a Windows virtual machine on your Mac, files in shared folders on your Mac will be scanned for both types of threats."
    and most are for Malware, which is different than a Virus.

Yeah, i own macs and PC's. 4 macs, 1 pc running W7, 1 netbook running Linux. I cant even remember which linux i have on the netbook.. dont think i've fired it up in 3-4 months. linux mint for some reason pops in mind... not sure.

Didn't bother to read post, just interjecting the following:

No. Never.
    My computer
    Proud member of the Forum Troll fan club.

After reading the posts above mine, I have this to share regarding viruses on macs.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2340/...6a0d1b3a71.jpg
    My computer
    Proud member of the Forum Troll fan club.

+ Reply to Thread