+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Native Linux Client?

Default Native Linux Client?

Any chance of this EVER? I doubt it myself because all the work involved isn't exactly cost effective but I've been begging blizzard for a native linux client for over 3 years and they never even answered any questions I had for them. If the developers even put this into their "looking into it" list, they would win my heart for life.

ltx
    Rift Disciple

Highly doubt it but you can try running Rift in WINE.

Telaran

IF you buy a really nice computer with a nice graphics card this game will Run under wine with Ultra Settings without fullscreen FX [It's the stupid bloom option]. I've been playing in beta with a AMD P2 x6 3.2 and a nvidia 570 on Ultra with no problems. Did some tweaks here and there and suffer 10ish fps but I'll take that 10fps to skip out on Windows anyday!

Soulwalker

Default Definitely should have a linux port

I think that this would be awesome. Also, a smart move. Study have showed that the average linux user have a better income than the average windows user, they more respectful of license and... they're not a lot of game native to linux so... I guess a hell lot of linux user would just buy and subscribe to the game. So, please Trion, makes a native linux version.

Max Boivin

Telaran

download latest version of wine download wine tricks download the directx redistribute install patch enjoy playing under suse 11.3 and get the same 40-50 fps that i did in windows oh with less of windows lol.... God i hate that os
    Last edited by mercymizery; 02-24-2011 at 05:59 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Utopi View Post
    IF you buy a really nice computer with a nice graphics card this game will Run under wine with Ultra Settings without fullscreen FX [It's the stupid bloom option]. I've been playing in beta with a AMD P2 x6 3.2 and a nvidia 570 on Ultra with no problems. Did some tweaks here and there and suffer 10ish fps but I'll take that 10fps to skip out on Windows anyday!
    how are u only getting 10 fps?

+ Reply to Thread