+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Downloading Retail Client

Soulwalker

Default Downloading Retail Client

Hey everyone, I know this question has been asked many times, and reading responses, they are mainly just directing people to the FAQ, I've read the FAQ, many other sites, but can't seem to clarify where, and when I download the Retail Client, I mean, I pre-ordered the CE, for the headstart stuff. The only problem is, on my account management, there doesn't seem to be a download, so I tried using the Rift Beta Client and see if it upgrades, but I get error 1016, I think that's just the client is inactive or something. I heard we download on the 24th, but the problem is, the game opens then, how do I get on at the midnight launch if it only opens on the 24th.

Any help as to where I actually download this, and when will be much appreciated, please don't just direct me to another thread, I've read so many, I'd just appreciate a straight answer.

Sorry if I've missed some really obvious answer and I'm just wasting your time.

+1

Same issue here. Saves me creating a thread.

Thanks to not being able to use Steam, I have to download the client myself. This is going to be a pain in the butt as my monthly DL limit is 10gig (blame my location sigh).

We need to start DLing this NOW before the head start.

Havnt played yet and Im already frustrated with this game. Make me HAPPY!!!
    Last edited by OoieGooie; 02-22-2011 at 06:44 AM. Reason: poopie

Server: Now at Laethys (Was: Estrael)
    Toon: FrozenBlood
    Class: warrior - Raid Tank - (G)
    Guild: --

beta took me 6hours to download, i was getting realy crappy speed downloading it prob becouse so many people was downloading it at the same time and i dont wanna this to happen again.

Telaran

To download the beta client, you had to do it from the account page, but I don't see an option to download the retail version. I believe it takes roughly 2 weeks to print and ship the boxed versions once it goes gold, so my guess is that the option will be soon™. I'm hoping the beta build will be sufficient to patch to retail.

http://update2.triongames.com/patche...cher_setup.exe is where you can download the beta patcher to download the beta version of the game. Again, you "should" be able to patch up to retail. I'm also assuming you can actually download the client still...
    Last edited by Patrokles; 02-22-2011 at 06:50 AM.

They will be posting today with information on when the retail client will be available, stay tuned
    MMO's played include but not limited to UO,AC,DAOC, SWG, EQ2, WOW
    Currently playing RIFT till SWTOR comes out.
    WOW is dead, quit feeding the monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulcatt View Post
    They will be posting today with information on when the retail client will be available, stay tuned
    sweet cheers for info

Considering the start is just a jump away, they're leaving this late. Its a 7gig game as far as I know and many of us will need a few days to download it.

Move yo monkey butts. Cant play if we cant download.

If you download beta, does that mean you need to download the client as well?

Server: Now at Laethys (Was: Estrael)
    Toon: FrozenBlood
    Class: warrior - Raid Tank - (G)
    Guild: --

The beta client will not patch to the retail client, you have to DL a new client for headstart/release.

http://www.dragonsyndicate.net/
    "Because Defiants are not waiting for a miracle. We are making one." -MissDoomcookie

Soulwalker

u can already uninstall the beta client, headstart/retailclient is a new and different client, there is now way to upgrade the beta client or something like that read the faqs pls
    Last edited by Dakone; 02-22-2011 at 07:13 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TRIFT View Post
    beta took me 6hours to download, i was getting realy crappy speed downloading it prob becouse so many people was downloading it at the same time and i dont wanna this to happen again.
    And it's reasonable to assume there'll be a LOT more people trying to hit the servers for the retail than there were for the betas.

Less than two days to go I'd have expected downloading to have started already, with perhaps a final small patch at the last moment, like Blizzard have done for years. I can see the servers coming on-line and few able to actually 'head start' at this rate.
    Last edited by Kerin; 02-22-2011 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulcatt View Post
    Ummm, you know this because?..

I posted previously ...... Trion has said there is a New Launcher and a New DL for the Retail version .... They will email us when it is setup on the server's and ready to go....... So if you have the Beta installed ....Uninstall it have a coffee amd wait ...

I am sure they are aware of the DL siltation. As to that remember your DL speed is relevant to your ISP's routing to server. So one bad hop can cause your DL to craw or Fly ..... Example .. One day I can connect to a server in 12 hops another it can be 20 downloading the same content if either day my ISP has an issue I can crawl on a DL and not see lag in surfing. If you have Comcast 90% of the time it is there DNS server that slows things down. If you have Comcast and experience and issue were the 1-800 is not helpful Call 1-215-665-1700 ask to speak to an Executive assistant. They will help get to the bottom of your trouble's.
    Last edited by Wasgij; 02-22-2011 at 08:26 AM.

Custom Gaming PC
    GTX-750 2x Samsung 24" HD Monitors
    AMD Black Quad Core 3.8
    16 Gig's Ram
    Windows 10 64bit

Shadowlander

Default retail client

like most i need to know if the beta client will patch to the retail client. with my connection speed it will take 2 days to download 7 gig again.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Patrokles View Post
    To download the beta client, you had to do it from the account page, but I don't see an option to download the retail version. I believe it takes roughly 2 weeks to print and ship the boxed versions once it goes gold, so my guess is that the option will be soon™. I'm hoping the beta build will be sufficient to patch to retail.

http://update2.triongames.com/patche...cher_setup.exe is where you can download the beta patcher to download the beta version of the game. Again, you "should" be able to patch up to retail. I'm also assuming you can actually download the client still...
    Whoa whoa whoa... are you authorized to use that trademark? LOL (You must be from LotRO, too.)

Let's hope, for sanity's sake, that they only allow people eligible for Head-Start to download the retail client for the first few days.

My guess is, after today's site update, the download will be available.
    Last edited by Warborn; 02-22-2011 at 08:36 AM.

Evga 790i Ultra - Q9650 Quad @ 4.0ghz - 4gb Patriot Viper DDR3 2000mhz - 2x EVGA GTX560Ti in SLi
    - 1x EVGA GTX460 dedicated Physx - 2x 300gb WD Velociraptors Raid - 2x Patriot 120gb Inferno SSD Raid 0 - Win 7 Ultimate Sig Edition x64

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast