+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pls, any trick to upgrade FPS / How many FPS do u have?

Shadowlander

Default Pls, any trick to upgrade FPS / How many FPS do u have?

I usually have 10-11 FPS in medium-high quality of graphics, cos I have no a superPC, but I want to improve WIFI or net speed.

I have used a program called WLAN Optimizer* to improve latency time and disable background scan and a TCP Optimizer** and I have got 12 FPS sometimes.

Some friends told me to change priority of proccess but I dont want problems in my PC.

Do you know any trick to change to improve Internet speed or something to improve FPS in medium hardware?

Thanks in advance!!

* = http://www.martin-majowski.de/wlanoptimizer/
    ** = http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

FPS has nothing to do with your connection/network.

Frames Per Second depends on your computer hardware such as graphics card, cpu, ram etc etc.
    Last edited by Istherion; 02-22-2011 at 04:56 AM.

I use a program called GameBooster (Google it) and it shuts off all unnecessary background stuff on your computer and that may help.

Also, try making sure the inside of your case is kept clean, dust will overheat your GPUs and kill your peformance.

Without any details on your system, that is really the only advice I can offer.

FPS is usualy Down to your graphics card or cpu try taking shadows or anti aliasing off may improve fail that lower all settings and start from bottom up. tweaking as you see fit

I had previously looked through some of the tech threads trying to see if there was anything I could do to improve my FPS and found a few with some suggestions. Try having a more thorough look to see if you can find any.

One particular thread I found advised to do the following -

Right-click on your Rift launcher .exe and select Properties. Add the following to the end of the target path " -dx9"

This seems to have made a significant improvement in FPS for me during the last beta, for others it did nothing. Also I'm unsure if this'll still work when the game launches officially.

Also the tooltips in the advanced graphics options are a bit misleading. If you're having trouble with your FPS make sure to turn things like Shadows and AA off, also make sure to lower ground clutter density and ground clutter radius and you should see a decent boost in FPS.

Good luck
    Last edited by Warlord Seraph; 02-22-2011 at 05:02 AM.

+ Reply to Thread