+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pre-order of Rift from steam

Soulwalker

Default Pre-order of Rift from steam

Hi there

I just wanted to know if I get the headstart if I purchase the game on steam or it will be only available at 1st of March.

That's all, I'll be waiting for a quick reply, would apreciate it much

AFAIK you get the headstart, yes. I hope you do, because I got my CE Rift from Steam as well

Soulwalker

hell I can't wait to play this game! Really hope so it includes headstart

Every pre-order, regardless of who/where it was bought from gets access to headstart.

As long as you have applied your key to your Trion account you're good to go.

Proof you say? Here ya go....

Senior community manager Abigale speaking in the pre-order faq thread -

"As long as you have applied a pre-order key to your account, you'll be able to download the launch client and play in the Head Start."

"Do the pre-order codes serve as both VIP key (for betas) and Head Start access?"
    "Yes."

"How can I play in Head Start?"
    "Head Start only requires a pre-order code. You can get a pre-order code at your favorite local game retailer, or from online partners." (Steam is ofc one such online partner)

Link to the thread - http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...PDATED-1-20-11

s'all good lads

Any questions or whatever give me a shout.

Oh also, you folks didn't pay 50 for the CE from steam when you can buy the regular version of the game for 30 (from steam) and upgrade to the CE for 5 via your Trion account, saving yersels 15.... did ya?

Seraph

*edit* Just saw that the CE from Steam is down to 40... meh still 5 is 5 amirite?
    Last edited by Warlord Seraph; 02-22-2011 at 04:35 AM.

Ordered from Steam as well, hoping they will unlock the game prior to launch, it says at the moment that I wasn't authorized to play the game, that is, when the beta was still up. So I'm crossing my fingers.
    Desktop: Intel Core i7 2600k @4.8ghz | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 590 | 8GB Kingston DDR3 1333mhz | ASUS P8Z68-gen3 Deluxe s-1155 | 3x WD Caviar 500gb's RAID-0
    Gear: Sennheiser PC 360 G4ME, Microsoft SideWinder X4, Steelseries Sensei and Razer Goliathus CONTROL with ASUS VE278Q 27" LED Monitor x2

Soulwalker

cheers man, U made my day well i prefer steam because its a safe way to keep games, ive lost a few copies during a few years and to have the game ready to be downloaded from any source its a good way for me, anyway thx again for the info and see ya in Rift soon

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaf View Post
    Ordered from Steam as well, hoping they will unlock the game prior to launch, it says at the moment that I wasn't authorized to play the game, that is, when the beta was still up. So I'm crossing my fingers.
    Steam has done its part already, fact is that the game is already unlocked on Steam cause you can download the headstart client.

The "You're not authorized to play" is Trion's doing, they simply have not yet unlocked downloads for Headstart yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Iseldor View Post
    well i prefer steam because its a safe way to keep games
    heh, yeah when i said "buy the regular version of the game for 30" i was referring to buying it from steam (as that's where i got mine). I see now that wasn't to clear so I've edited my post, but yeah man head-start in two days, can't wait
    Last edited by Warlord Seraph; 02-22-2011 at 04:44 AM.

Buahah I certainly did.

Ordered the game in a hurry just before I had to run somewhere, didn't have the chance to check out the possibilities. Oh well. I just want to play me some Rift.

Thanks for the confirmation, I've already entered the code and everything

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Seraph View Post
    Every pre-order, regardless of who/where it was bought from gets access to headstart.

As long as you have applied your key to your Trion account you're good to go.

Proof you say? Here ya go....

Senior community manager Abigale speaking in the pre-order faq thread -

"As long as you have applied a pre-order key to your account, you'll be able to download the launch client and play in the Head Start."

"Do the pre-order codes serve as both VIP key (for betas) and Head Start access?"
    "Yes."

"How can I play in Head Start?"
    "Head Start only requires a pre-order code. You can get a pre-order code at your favorite local game retailer, or from online partners." (Steam is ofc one such online partner)

Link to the thread - http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...PDATED-1-20-11

s'all good lads

Any questions or whatever give me a shout.

Oh also, you folks didn't pay 50 for the CE from steam when you can buy the regular version of the game for 30 (from steam) and upgrade to the CE for 5 via your Trion account, saving yersels 15.... did ya?

Seraph

*edit* Just saw that the CE from Steam is down to 40... meh still 5 is 5 amirite?

+ Reply to Thread