+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Account security

Question Account security

I have tried the beta and I like it alot, and I have pre-orderd a copy of the game as well and are looking forward to be able to play the game, my concern tho is the account security...

I have also earlier been playing World of Warcraft and in the beginning it was no problem, but after a year or so, you started to hear about players account getting hijacked and/or hacked...I have had my WoW account hacked a couple of times myself and that is one of the reasons that I left the game.

What have Rift done to encounter this problem?
    Last edited by Orgar; 02-22-2011 at 03:24 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Orgar View Post
    What have Rift done to encounter this problem?
    More importantly what have YOU done? If people learn to patch their OS, Software (Browser, Flash etc), don't visit dodgy websites (or use a sand-boxed virtual machine or a separate machine to visit sites), or use dodgy software (cracks), use non administrative accounts on their own machine for general use and generally use simple security such as complex passwords (use Keepass to store everything, google it) you will generally be aok.

In over a decade (or 2) of gaming I've yet to be hacked by following the above, every single person i know who's been hacked (a dozen of them) has only themselves to blame in some way no matter which way its spun. Sorry but that's the moral of the story and I don't see why its up to a game developer to put time and effort (which takes talent and money away from game design) to fix up people's lack of concern about security.
    Last edited by Banefull; 02-22-2011 at 03:31 AM.

The only thing you can do is clean install windows then install rift , never turn your machine on unless you are playing rift

be sure never to use it for anything else goodluck

+ Reply to Thread