+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Applied Code --> now says "voucher"

Soulwalker

Default Applied Code --> now says "voucher"

I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition today from Gamestop. I applied the code to my Trion account, and it was accepted, but all it says in the Codes applied to your account area is "voucher."

I know a friend of mine, who also used a pre-order code for a Collector's Edition from Gamestop (i.e., the exact same type of code I used), has "Gamestop Rift Pre-Order" in his Codes applied to your account area.

Does the difference matter? Will I have a problem getting into the Head-Start on Thursday? Should I call Gamestop and ask for another code?

Although I can't say with 100% certainty I am pretty sure that you don't have anything to worry about. I've posted in a couple of pre-order-threads now so here's a copy/paste job that should put you at ease -

Every pre-order, regardless of who/where it was bought from gets access to headstart.

As long as you have applied your key to your Trion account you're good to go.

Proof you say? Here ya go....

Senior community manager Abigale speaking in the pre-order faq thread -

"As long as you have applied a pre-order key to your account, you'll be able to download the launch client and play in the Head Start."

"Do the pre-order codes serve as both VIP key (for betas) and Head Start access?"
    "Yes."

"How can I play in Head Start?"
    "Head Start only requires a pre-order code. You can get a pre-order code at your favorite local game retailer, or from online partners."
    Link to the thread - http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...PDATED-1-20-11

My "RIFT Digital CE" is still there, however, the code applied for the Team Fortress 2 Well-spun hat code is now called Voucher for me xD (I guess it's that one atleast since I can't spot the TF2 Hat code there anymore, only voucher which I haven't seen before)

Telaran

Well, this does seem to matter. I applied a Gamestop Preorder code to my account, and it showed up as "Gamestop Pre-Order" last week. Today I come back and it's "voucher", which is blocking me from patching the head-start install. Trion Heeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!

Strangely enough I can post on the forums, which is something only people with preorders are supposed to be allowed to do, right?

Soulwalker

I have the same problem as you. Last week I put in my gamestop collectors code and it said gamestop code and now it says voucher. I am also unable to download the actual game files threw the patcher.

Quote Originally Posted by dolan103081 View Post
    I have the same problem as you. Last week I put in my gamestop collectors code and it said gamestop code and now it says voucher. I am also unable to download the actual game files threw the patcher.
    Being unable to download is not a Gamestop issue. http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ft-Game-Client

Soulwalker

I have the same problem, I went to try to setup a subscription tonight and it is asking me to pre-order the game again.

Soulwalker

When I try to input my headstart code I get:

The code will not give you any new entitlements.

But I have no other info that I'm in the headstart, account is bare.

Soulwalker

I have the same issue here.. My account shows as a Voucher . I purchased the Collectors from Game Stop as well. Seriously need a response on this issue. Will be extremelly dissapointed if I miss Headstart due to a foul up in the system.

I've been in this boat. I applied my code and it says voucher. Has anyone been able to patch yet?

I also preordered the collector edition from gamestop and mine says voucher also but I think the reason we cant download the patcher yet is because they haven't opened it to all the pre orders yet. They said they would do it sometime tonight so I think patience is key.

Soulwalker

same.. voucher.. irritating that i cannout download

Download wasnt up until around 20 minutes ago.

Soulwalker

if I pre-ordered from Trion themselves where do I get the code....I can't find it or do I need to apply one

Soulwalker

I bought the CE through gamestop last friday. applied the code to get into the last 2 days of the open beta. my account status says,

"Codes applied to your account
    Date Code
    2/16/2011 Gamestop Rift Pre-Order"

The "manage games" tab in the account has a button that links to the pre-order. however, the button on the left labeled "apply code" says my gamestop pre-order. so ya, i think i am ok.... but dunno.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast