+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Early start confirmation.

Soulwalker

Default Early start confirmation.

i pre-ordered the game from steam. I have confirmation of my bonus items but no confirmation of my access to the head start. Where can i find if i have access or not?

Thanks and sorry if this has been asked already.

Shadowlander

read your order email....

You will automatically gain access to all remaining beta events and Head Start (scheduled to begin on February 24th). Trion will send you an email before each beta event, and again before Head Start begins, with download instructions. Please make sure to add "@trionworlds.com" to your Safe Sender's list.

Soulwalker

I pre-ordered via steam and my email says nothing of the sort, and after applying the cd-key to my trion account I certainly got all the DCE items in the beta, but I'm wondering about the Early start as well and if i should bother dl the steam rift client or should i download it directly from the trion site when available?

My Steam purchase email (with some details changed to x):

Dear x,

Thank you for your recent purchase on Steam.

If you’re new to Steam, install the free Steam application now:
    http://www.steampowered.com/getsteam
    To play your new games, just launch the Steam application on your computer and log in using your Steam account name: xxxxxxx. Your games will be available in Steam on the “Library” tab.

Any Downloadable Content (DLC) you've purchased is automatically downloaded and will be accessible from within the base game on Steam. To view your new DLC from within your Library, right-click on the base game and select “View Downloadable Content.”

This email message will serve as your receipt. You can also access your Purchase History online at any time.
    RIFT - Collector's Edition 59.99 USD

Payment Info
    Visa ending with x 59.99 USD
    Confirmation Number x
    Date Confirmed Thu Feb 17 23:25:39 2011
    For help or product support, please visit http://support.steampowered.com.
    The Steam Support Team
    http://www.steampowered.com

Every pre-order, regardless of who/where it was bought from gets access to headstart.

As long as you have applied your key to your Trion account you're good to go.

Proof you say? Here ya go....

Senior community manager Abigale speaking in the pre-order faq thread -

"As long as you have applied a pre-order key to your account, you'll be able to download the launch client and play in the Head Start."

"Do the pre-order codes serve as both VIP key (for betas) and Head Start access?"
    "Yes."

"How can I play in Head Start?"
    "Head Start only requires a pre-order code. You can get a pre-order code at your favorite local game retailer, or from online partners." (Steam is ofc one such online partner)

Link to the thread - http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...PDATED-1-20-11

s'all good lads

Any questions or whatever give me a shout.

Seraph

*edit*

Also, if you haven't done so already, launch Rift via steam and the launcher will update, not sure if the current version that it updates to is the final version, may need to update again before head-start, but either way if ya do it now or say few hours before headstart begins, you can jump in game without having to wait on the download/update
    Last edited by Warlord Seraph; 02-22-2011 at 03:33 AM.

Soulwalker

Perfect reply, thank you for making that very clear.

Thanks for your time and cya in game

+ Reply to Thread