+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help! calling all TECH SAVY RIFTERS

Soulwalker

Default Help! calling all TECH SAVY RIFTERS

In anticipation for this game i decided to upgrade a few bits to try and get the most out of it. My original set up being this:

Processor
    AMD Phenom II X4 965(3.4GHz)

Processor Main Features
    64 bit Quad-Core Processor

Cache Per Processor
    4 x 512KB L2 Cache

Memory
    4GB DDR3 1333

Hard Drive
    500GB SATA II

Optical Drive 1
    24X DL DVD+/-RW Drive

Graphics
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 1GB

Audio
    Sound card - Integrated

Ethernet
    10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet

Power Supply
    480W

Operating System
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Case
    Echo Gaming Tower

Mobo:
    Asus M4N68T-m V2

I decided i wanted a new graphics card, but seeing how the PSU is offbrand and weak i would upgrade is also. I went with these

PSU:
    Corsair GS600

GPU:
    Asus ENGTX460 Top DirectCU

Bought the parts, got home hooked up everything up(or so i think) and to my luck....no signal, fans turning everythings running but monitor says no signal. After some research i found A) integrated graphics sometime's must be disabled, and B) I need the drivers first. So i thought okay pop the old card back in and disable integrated graphics and download the drivers. Put the old card back and in and well.....no signal to the monitor. I do not know what to do. Have i not correctly installed my PSU? Has the new PSU done damage to the MOBO? I am at a dead end for ideas, so i ask for the tech savy patrons of the nice RIFT community for help!
    Last edited by Wiicked; 02-21-2011 at 08:53 PM.

Rift Disciple

By fans turning you mean GPU as well I assume? Try re-seating your GPU as the card might not be aligned correctly. You have it in the right PCI-E slot as well? What connection are you using from the GPU>>>Monitor? Are there any abnormal sounds on start-up...such as an error code on your Mobo?
    Last edited by Hhug; 02-21-2011 at 09:00 PM.

Soulwalker

Yes the GPU fan turns nicely as well as every other fan in the case, which leads me to believe the PSU has been installed correctly. Yes i have the card in the pci-e slot on my board also. I believe the the term is a VGA connection? Small blue plug with two small connectors to twist. Everything sounds as i would think it should. Nothing cranking or clicking, just the smooth sound of fans turning and such!
    Last edited by Wiicked; 02-21-2011 at 09:01 PM.

Rift Disciple

Does it have more than one VGA connection? I had a card that had 2 VGA plug-ins, and one wouldn't work... although I'm sure you would have looked at that option already. I would try re-seating the card as maybe a connection isn't being made. I've had that problem before.

Rift Disciple

Sorry I didn't clarify. Are you getting the normal beeping sequence on start-up? So you know your computer is booting but not displaying graphics?

hey man it happened to me as well, first off check the memory stick 1 by one and see if you can get to the boot with just one stick, try in B1 first then try each of emm in the other slots, after try to install them 1 by one. Make sure you unplug the pc before changing parts and touch metal before to make sure you won't give shock to the parts in your pc
    EDIT: Also! don't babysit them into their slots, be careful but don't worry about pushing hard enough we spent hours trying to figure out why this was happening...
    Last edited by Ebrech; 02-21-2011 at 09:17 PM.

Rift Disciple

double check the memory as well, i didn't have one stick fully seated and i had similar problems when i bumped it while installing the new gfx/psu.

check to make sure you have all the new power supply plugs in all the way too.
    just basic stuff really, my 620w psu didn't have instructions but they are pretty basic.
    motherboard power 20-24pin, EPS/ATX12V CPU Cable (4 or 8-pin) plugs into the motherboard.
    rest to the components like gfx card, hdd, cd/dvd

http://www.corsair.com/gs600w.html
    click the FAQs & Support
    Last edited by Malformed; 02-21-2011 at 09:21 PM.

Rift Disciple

If none of these work I'd try the card in a different computer if you have it, or a friends. Just to rule out the card being defective. Hopefully it's just a seating problem or loose connection!

Soulwalker

Hey guys, appreciate all the help. Got it going though. Started from scratch took the PSU and GPU out and just went back through and firmly checked EVERYTHING. Needless to say booted it up and well no more "no signal" lol. Appreciate the help though, good community here in this game, hope it stays this way!

Rift Disciple

Grats, glad it is working now! Probably just a loose connection somewhere!

+ Reply to Thread