+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question About Upgrading to Collector's Edition

Soulwalker

Default Question About Upgrading to Collector's Edition

Today I upgraded my Rift preorder to Collectors Edition. I have it preordered at Gamestop. I thought they could just upgrade it and not have to worry about entering in a new code, but they printed a beta/head-start code on my receipt. When I looked on the receipt, it said my previous standard edition preorder was canceled and that the Collector's Edition was preordered. I went to enter the new code on my account, which I already have the standard edition key on. When I entered the code, it said, "The code will not give you any new entitlements." Will my current key expire since Gamestop canceled the standard edition preorder, and will I get in headstart? Also. Will my account be Collector's Edition?
    Last edited by Charmander; 02-21-2011 at 08:13 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Charmander View Post
    Today I upgraded my Rift preorder to Collectors Edition. I have it preordered at Gamestop. I thought they could just upgrade it and not have to worry about entering in a new code, but they printed a beta/head-start code on my receipt. When I looked on the receipt, it said my previous standard edition preorder was canceled and that the Collector's Edition was preordered. I went to enter the new code on my account, which I already have the standard edition key on. When I entered the code, it said, "The code will not give you any new entitlements." Will my current key expire since Gamestop canceled the standard edition preorder, and will I get in headstart? Also. Will my account be Collector's Edition?
    The code is the same. When you buy a physical copy of the game the code they give you does not entitle you to anything other then entry into the Head Start and all the items you get with the Regular Version.

During the Head Start everyone will get the Regular Items, plus Everyone will get the Collectors Turtle and Collectors Companion ( You will not get the 4 extra bag slots for the Collectors at this time unless your ordered Digital Collectors).

When you apply your code from inside your Collectors Retail box , your account is flagged to let you KEEP your in game Collectors items plus give you the extra bag slots at that time. Those who do not enter the Collectors edition code will lose the Turtle and the CE Pet on March 1.

+ Reply to Thread