+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UI config sharing site

Default UI config sharing site

This site is NOT complete yet, we're considering it Beta. I post this here only for some feedback, however minimal that may be.

Me and my friend have been cracking away at this for a few days now... and we think it's just about ready for public scrutiny.

I'd like to show everyone our new site: RiftLift

What the **** is RiftLift you ask?

Well, my good sir/madam, it is a site for trading UI configurations. What this means is those of us that spend time customizing our UIs, moving elements around, changing scales, and so on can no share them with others!

As an example: this is my UI from Beta. There are some random bugs, but forgive me, I uploaded this after the beta servers went down, couldn't modify anything, I just wanted an example up.

As you can see, the user attached a screenshot, and the *.dat file the game exports.

The usage of this is pretty awesome... you download this little file, drop it in your rift directory, and run a little commant and BOOM, that screenshot you were just looking at is now your characters' UI.

There are some limitations to this, namely, it doesn't support hotkeys. Honestly though, that's not a big deal.

I did a bunch of things and a bunch of stuff; now I'm just a casual player.

Era
    Champion of Telara

There's some funky stuff you can do to make keybinds work (by exporting them), but that can't be tested until the head start.

I'm the other person behind the project. Expect even more stuff as the game is released.

~Era

Shadowlander

You mean u can import/export UI/keybindings locally or shared??? Nice!!! I thought it was a pity only saved in server and I sugessted to change it.
    Thanks!!

Yep. If you look at the how-to section on the site, it explains everything =]

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Era View Post
    There's some funky stuff you can do to make keybinds work (by exporting them), but that can't be tested until the head start.

I'm the other person behind the project. Expect even more stuff as the game is released.

~Era
    Not sure why you labeled it "funky" or how it's much different from importui/exportui...

/exportkeybindings nameofmyfile
    /importkeybindings nameofmyfile

is pretty easy.

Hope the site works out for you. Always good to see fan sites and projects like these.

We just didn't have a chance this last beta to see how the output file really works, not that there's really a lot of checking to do, we just wanted to check it out before supporting it.

+ Reply to Thread