+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What's a good gaming mouse?

Default What's a good gaming mouse?

I have almost finished upgrading all my hardware in my computer and am begining to look into the accessories now, all I have ever used is a standard keyboard and two button wheel mouse. I am looking to upgrade to at least a 7 button mouse, and plan to get the stealth mercenary keyboard from steelseries. But I am uncertain on what mouse to get. I don't like the Naga, because all those buttons by just the thumb look uncomfortable as all hell, and I am looking for something ergonomic as well as functional. Any suggestions on what a good mouse would be?

Rift Disciple

the razer Naga is the best mouse i ever bought, they also do a wireless version called the razer naga epic.

the mouse is smooth, feels nice underhand fast and has 17 buttons.

I LOVE IT <3

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/review...roduction.html

i didnt read your whole post, i notice you say you didnt like the naga because of the buttons?

well i thought that at first. too many buttons?

the buttons are placed so they are easy to reach, they do not feel uncomfortable under the thumb, after aweek it will be an extension of your hand, but the first week it is a learning curve.

i have bought many mice in my time, this is by far the best gaming mouse i have ever bought. It changes the way you play games.

the mouse also fits perfecty into the hand, its like a glove.
    Last edited by direwind; 02-21-2011 at 04:44 PM.

The Cyborg R.A.T 7. http://cyborggaming.com/prod/rat7.htm

Sure, it doesn't have a billion buttons, but no mouse will ever look as wonderfully bad *** as this one, and it's got some awards to strut around too.

I use it, and it's the most well made and durable mouse I've ever owned or put into a system. Customizing it to fit exactly to your hand is also more than just a gimmick. It really works, and it's very comfortable.
    Last edited by Spug; 02-21-2011 at 04:46 PM.
    "The problem is that the people with the most ridiculous ideas are always the people who are most certain of them."

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Spug View Post
    The Cyborg R.A.T 7. http://cyborggaming.com/prod/rat7.htm

Sure, it doesn't have a billion buttons, but no mouse will ever look as wonderfully bad *** as this one, and it's got some awards to strut around too.

I use it, and it's the most well made and durable mouse I've ever owned or put into a system. Customizing it to fit exactly to your hand is also more than just a gimmick. It really works, and it's very comfortable.
    WOW that mouse looks like it was hit by a truck and stuck back together with glue

Quote Originally Posted by direwind View Post
    WOW that mouse looks like it was hit by a truck and stuck back together with glue
    Yeah but it is truly one size fits all...or at least as close as you can get.

Personally I like the Logitech G9x ( http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-p...e/devices/5092 ). It comes with a selection of weights and 2 different grips so there is a little customization. This is actually the most comfortable mouse I have ever used, and I have used quite a few.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4 GHz RAM: 8 GB GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 1333 MOBO: Gigabyte GA-MA790GPT-UD3H Case: Cooler Master ATCS 840

GPU: Crossfired Dual XFX ATI HD 5850 PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800 W modular PSU Storage: Western Digital Caviar black 1 TB x2 Raid 0

Keyboard: Logitech G110 Mouse: Logitech G9x O.S.: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Shadowlander

I'll second the naga

I was hesitant to get mine because of the reviews from people complaining the buttons on the sides are too small...honestly, unless you're a NBA player or some other type of individual with massively oversize hands, you'll be fine.

The very last row can be a pain to get to, but that still gives you 9 extra keys that can also be paired with things like shift, ctrl, alt, etc. I would have run out of keybinds a long time ago on my WoW toons without the naga, and Rift doesn't seem to be short on abilities.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    I have almost finished upgrading all my hardware in my computer and am begining to look into the accessories now, all I have ever used is a standard keyboard and two button wheel mouse. I am looking to upgrade to at least a 7 button mouse, and plan to get the stealth mercenary keyboard from steelseries. But I am uncertain on what mouse to get. I don't like the Naga, because all those buttons by just the thumb look uncomfortable as all hell, and I am looking for something ergonomic as well as functional. Any suggestions on what a good mouse would be?
    Really depends on your grip style.

I play with a claw style and made the mistake of trying out palm style mice (g5, sidewinders) and they were horrible for me in both ergonomics and movement. However going back to claw style mouse and I'm right at home.

How do you hold your current mouse? your palm rested on the mouse? or palm off the mouse and fingers controlling mouse? This should be the first factor when buying a new mouse.

The Razer site indicates which mouse fits which gripstyle the best for their product lineup.

I know you say you don't want it, but I can honestly say that buying the Razer Naga was the best peripheral purchase I have ever made. It completely changed the way I game, and I can't imagine gaming without it now.

It takes a few days to get used to, but after that, it's just second nature to have 12 buttons on the side of your mouse.

I most definitely recommend it to see if it suits you.
    Last edited by keimcd; 02-21-2011 at 05:52 PM.

Rift Disciple

i LOVE the microsoft sidewinder X5 laser mouse.
    i got it for 24 bucks on newegg.
    it is affordable, cheap enough to replace if it ever does break.
    im rough on mice so that's a plus.
    very comfy for medium/large hands.

they do have the x3 version too, looks pretty classy, includes different mouse feet and a set of weights so you can change the feel of the mouse to suit your needs.
    there is also the x8 with 7 buttons (plus tilting scroll wheel) but i didn't look at it much.

scroll wheel is wide and flat, buttons for dpi adjustments right on top (havent accidentally clicked it yet)
    mouse4 mouse5 buttons are very conveniently placed for thumb use.
    Last edited by Malformed; 02-21-2011 at 06:22 PM.

I can't answer what would be the best mouse for you but for me I love my Logitech G9 but that said I've had mine for a couple of years now and if I were buying right now I'd pickup the R.A.T. 7

<3 my Logitech g700

I use a Logitech G500 mouse and a Logitech G110 keyboard. Everything I need is bound either to the mouse or the G-keys on the keyboard.
    Doom doom doom doom doomy doomy doom doomy doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doom doomy doom

The Chloro Mantra : "My nukes are my heals... My nukes are my heals.... My nukes are my heals...."~ XtremElement

The best Razer Naga
    PVPimpin' Ain't PVEasy!

Holla Holla Get Dolla

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post

I have the Razer Imperator. It's a great 7-button mouse that's "ergonomic".

I'm thinking of possibly getting the Naga Epic, but gonna wait to see if I really need the extra buttons.

I also had the Logitech G700- it functioned great, but for some reason it hurt my hand after about 25-30 minutes of gameplay so it got returned.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast