+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rift CE Steam Client Download

Shadowlander

Default Rift CE Steam Client Download

Hey all looking for a bit of help or advice if anyone can help.

OK so i recently Pre-Ordered my copy of the Collectors Edition of Rift through Steam with tall the extra goodies and early access to the game on the 24th.

Applied my code to my Trion account which worked perfect and showed up that i would have access to all my goodies.

BUT.....

Ive installed the Rift Patcher Updater through Steam and now when i go to login and update the game im getting error code #2002

Now im guessing this is because nothing is live yet hoever i was hoping id be able to download the game files so that im ready and able to play straight away once the servers go live.

Does anyone know if this is possible and if so when ill be able to download or have any other info on this subject?

Thanks for any help.
    TwistedThistle

Kelewan
    Cleric

Default same concerns

i got the CE off steam also. Beta is about a 7 gig download and steam is only a few mb. Is it ready to go on the 24th or do i gotta apply 8 gigs worth of server downloaded patches?? I get error 2002's to boot now also. damn beta is over so i'm already plotting everything around thursday.

Plane Touched

The team will need to look at the Alpha and Beta data they have and make the build for headstart. So I guess there will not be any option to download it until it's ready. ;d

Quote Originally Posted by NuDimon View Post
    The team will need to look at the Alpha and Beta data they have and make the build for headstart. So I guess there will not be any option to download it until it's ready. ;d
    This isn't true. By that logic, they haven't started producing CD's yet. We should be able to download SOMETHING, and then patch to live when it's released (or preferably a few hours before). There is no reason to put additional strain on Trion's bandwidth / servers on launch day, that would just be silly.

Rift Disciple

Yes, but the cd's are just a base build. If they're going to tweak things in that build before release what's the point really. So you get it dl'd faster meh... I'm sure it will be available tomorrow. ( Friend pointed out) Also if you're so worried you can copy your assets folder from the beta build and copy it into your folder you downloaded from steam for the main release. It will have most the files you need anyway.

Shadowlander

Thanks for the input all.

I seen a post regarding early access client downloads and apparently Trion are making an announcement tomorrow. So watch for that
    Till then ill keep trying to install and if I have any progress ill post back incase anyone else is in same boat.

Cheers all.
    TwistedThistle

Kelewan
    Cleric

Shadowlander

Thumbs up

Just an update for anyone else in same situation.

Ive just had an email from Trion saying the client is now available to patch up n get ready for the headstart period. Im at work now but will try patching up through steam tonight n hopefully all will be well.

If anyone else manages to patch up feel free to post n let me and others know.

Oh so tempting to leave work early now......
    TwistedThistle

Kelewan
    Cleric

I pre ordered through steam, but i got the separate client from Trion since i did not want to use steam. Its patched fine and i can get into the game, just not authorized to play it since its not live yet.

http://virtuality.guildlaunch.com Australian based guild now recruiting!!
    Server: Wolfsbane
    Faction: Guardians

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Gluesticky View Post
    I pre ordered through steam, but i got the separate client from Trion since i did not want to use steam. Its patched fine and i can get into the game, just not authorized to play it since its not live yet.
    Yeah I did the same thing. Pre-Ordered the game through Steam but downloaded the client via Trion account page. It worked well and now just waiting for tomorrow!! Woot!!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    This isn't true. By that logic, they haven't started producing CD's yet. We should be able to download SOMETHING, and then patch to live when it's released (or preferably a few hours before). There is no reason to put additional strain on Trion's bandwidth / servers on launch day, that would just be silly.
    Web installer and the gold disc do not have to be the exact same build. So your point is not valid. It's probably just webinstaller that get's downloaded.

+ Reply to Thread