+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rift Beta does not uninstall properly

Soulwalker

Cool Rift Beta does not uninstall properly

Since the last beta has completed, I uninstalled the product in contemplation of installing the release game in a few days. However the uninstall process (which "completed" normally) did NOT delete the "Rift Beta" install diirectory with over 7 Gigabytes of files. It was necessary to manually delete it after the uninstall.

Yeah, doesn't seem like an uninstall.

I'm just leaving mine as it is and waiting for the release client, I'll worry about the beta client later.
    Last edited by Kuldebar; 02-21-2011 at 10:37 AM.

Soulwalker

I did and had no trouble...

Plane Touched

Same problem there is not full uninstall for the beta client in windows 7 64 bit, anyone with help on the issue?

Plane Touched

*bump* kind of important need an answer

why delete it.. dont you think they will just update the client for the game? When i played beta for Aion i left it and it was just an update for LIVE and i didnt have to delete anything

Plane Touched

As many threads have pointed out and Trion themselves. You must do a fresh install as the full client is different from beta.

Plane Touched

Going to be up all night doing this don't care don't have game til Thursday. ANYONE IN TECH SUPPORT, how do I uninstall the beta. Using w7 64 bit. Please forum people yell over to the techies.

I saved off my screenshots, ran the uninstall, then manually removed the rest including under AppData/local.

Soulwalker

This is a total guess on my part, but uninstallers generally don't remove any additional files or data patched in after the initial install. Say you install your average PC game; if you install several mods, some DLC, etc., it'll still be on your computer after you uninstall said game, as well as the directory it was in, because the uninstall process is just going down a list of files it installed on initial installation and removing them, one at a time. With a game changed, patched, and added to as much as Rift, I wouldn't worry about there being plenty of leftovers, after the fact. Just delete the directory and all the files within and I'd think you'd be kosher.
    Last edited by Cailit; 02-21-2011 at 03:19 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Cailit View Post
    This is a total guess on my part, but uninstallers generally don't remove any additional files or data patched in after the initial install. Say you install your average PC game; if you install several mods, some DLC, etc., it'll still be on your computer after you uninstall said game, as well as the directory it was in, because the uninstall process is just going down a list of files it installed on initial installation and removing them, one at a time. With a game changed, patched, and added to as much as Rift, I wouldn't worry about there being plenty of leftovers, after the fact. Just delete the directory and all the files within and I'd think you'd be kosher.
    I still have the whole game minus the patcher executable, everything else is still in folder.

I had the same issue, using Windows 7 64 bit as well. I just manually deleted the folder after using the only uninstall I had available (Add/Remove programs).

We'll see if I just screwed myself when the live client download is done.

Soulwalker

I used Revo Uninstaller - http://www.revouninstaller.com/

Located and removed all the AppData files plus the registry files.

Same issue here, wondering what I should do now.

Default Found this

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast