+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RIFT and ZoneAlarm

Default RIFT and ZoneAlarm

The problem is outlined here: http://forums.riftgame.com/archive/i...p/t-45984.html

Basically what happens is whenever RIFT is updated, you press play and you get the RIFT loading screen, this is the point that ZoneAlarm will notice the changes and pop up its notification. The problem is, you can't alt-tab out of the games stuck loading screen to allow it, or to do anything else for that matter. The only way that I have found is to get to this point, then reset my machine and manually allow the game access under the program management in ZoneAlarm.

I just wondered if anyone had a solution or better workaround for this yet? (other than replacing my firewall of course).

Era
    Champion of Telara

Zonealarm has a Gaming Mode. Try that.

Soulwalker

Run the game in windowed fullscreen mode. This will allow you to see the ZoneAlarma popup.
    You can go back to fullscreen after that.

Then again I've never had a problem alt-tabbing at that point either.

Quote Originally Posted by Cokke View Post
    Run the game in windowed fullscreen mode. This will allow you to see the ZoneAlarma popup.
    You can go back to fullscreen after that.

Then again I've never had a problem alt-tabbing at that point either.

I do not use Zone Alarm however you could try forwarding your port. http://portforward.com/ can help you with that if you do not know how.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4 GHz RAM: 8 GB GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 1333 MOBO: Gigabyte GA-MA790GPT-UD3H Case: Cooler Master ATCS 840

GPU: Crossfired Dual XFX ATI HD 5850 PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800 W modular PSU Storage: Western Digital Caviar black 1 TB x2 Raid 0

Keyboard: Logitech G110 Mouse: Logitech G9x O.S.: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

+ Reply to Thread