+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Update #4 20 Feb: now crashes at char selection with mouse movement

Soulwalker

Unhappy Update #4 20 Feb: now crashes at char selection with mouse movement

Since the last patch on Sunday, when I move my mouse at the char selection screen the game crashes. I have:
    - restarted
    - rebooted
    - updated graphics card driver
    - made sure my firewall as Rift listed
    - booted system in clean state

I have been playing with no problem since B4 until this last patch.

Does anyone have any suggestions please /cry

Soulwalker

Default crash!

Mines doing it too. I get into the game and in under 5 minutes the virtual world begins to do what sounds like tearing of digital files or acts as if directx might be crashing. nevertheless, the game crashes and not only kicks me out of rift but completely disconnects my computer from internet access at all. I've deleted Rift and did a fresh install, deleted directx for fresh installs, ran virus programs, ran diagdx with no errors showing, checked video as well as sound card drivers. everything's fine. even went as far as calling my local isp to see if they could change my routers connection channel as well as do a full digital reset from their end and did a unplug/reset of the router on my end. nothing worked. as long as i dont play rift i have no problems.

Soulwalker

With not being able to fix my issue since the last patch on the weekend, I called Trion Technical support & as my first contact with their customer service, I was left feeling fairly frustrated with no support provided. Eventually the lady I spoke too went away to obtain advice & came back with what seemed will be a stock standard answer of - with beta completed they can not help and can only hope with the new link that my problem will be resolved otherwise I will need to call back.

While I realise it would be impossible to trouble shoot with the servers down, SOME sort of 'have your tried x, y & z' would have made me feel a lot more comfortable with my first contact with Trion customer support & a larger degree of confidence that I won't have the same issue with head start.

Question Do you have Comcast for your Provider ..... If so I might have an Ideal on the crash ..

Soulwalker

I sort of wish I did for another bubble of hope but I'm in Sydney with Optus. Thanks for the thought though

+ Reply to Thread