+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can not download the game and bannana offerings dont help

Soulwalker

Thumbs down Can not download the game and bannana offerings dont help

This is about the forth time i have been invited to beta. Each time i downloaded the patcher and each time it would get all anal within a few minutes and force me to admit defeat.

Untill this very last beta event patching would stop with an error message saying "Patching has failed" and that's it. This time the insightful error message is gone, but the download speed ranges from 0 to 100kb/s which means the game would download somewhere around 2017.

I first checked the forums but found no help here. Then i went for the torrent which worked on a reasonable 250 kb/s but i ran out of seeder on 3% (the first try, today in stopped at 1,5% )

Plus, the patcher utterly clogs my internet connection, i understand this had something to do with ports, but i was always mildly rhetarded when it came to ... all that ... internet stuff.

I don't know who is to blame here, maybe the patcher, maybe my internet connection, or maybe even Jesus, but what i do know is that i would like to try this game and that at the moment, i can't.

Please give me some solutions, if i continue to patch at the current speed, it won't download in time.

Tenaciously yours,
    TheMonkee
    Last edited by TheMonkee; 02-12-2011 at 01:52 PM.

Are you on a hardwired connection?
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4 GHz RAM: 8 GB GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 1333 MOBO: Gigabyte GA-MA790GPT-UD3H Case: Cooler Master ATCS 840

GPU: Crossfired Dual XFX ATI HD 5850 PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800 W modular PSU Storage: Western Digital Caviar black 1 TB x2 Raid 0

Keyboard: Logitech G110 Mouse: Logitech G9x O.S.: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Anakha View Post
    Are you on a hardwired connection?
    If that would mean the opposite of wireless, yes. I have a 5mb adsl router on the other side of the home network

That sucks that it's not downloading at your connections full capacity but I'm on 512Kbps and had to download all 7.45GB of the game at 58KB/s. It took 38 hours but it was worth it!

Like I said, it sucks that you should be downloading faster but just be patient.

+ Reply to Thread