+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Single Digit FPS

Unhappy Single Digit FPS

I have a pretty sweet laptop that I got on Christmas 2009. It has a decent graphics card and I assume the driver is up to date, but my FPS will drop down in the 3-9 range anytime I even turn off the low performance graphic setting option. I really would like to enjoy this game to its fullest extent, which includes having good graphics and as little lag as possible. Any tips, forum readers?

Going to need more information on the hardware. But you already have the fact it's a laptop going against you

Additionally:

It has a decent graphics card and I assume the driver is up to date
    3-9 FPS doesn't sound too decent GPU wise, and assuming your display driver is up to date is, well...did little pixies update the drivers for your over the last 2 years or something? I doubt it.

PS: if you run the Rift benchmark applet, we can see what the game rates your hardware.
    Last edited by Kuldebar; 02-11-2011 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RlFT View Post
    I have a pretty sweet laptop that I got on Christmas 2009. It has a decent graphics card and I assume the driver is up to date, but my FPS will drop down in the 3-9 range anytime I even turn off the low performance graphic setting option. I really would like to enjoy this game to its fullest extent, which includes having good graphics and as little lag as possible. Any tips, forum readers?
    I have a pretty sweet laptop that I got on Christmas 2009.

I have a pretty sweet laptop.

laptop.

been there man. They never run games like you expect and they're a ***** to upgrade. Just update your drivers and turn down the settings. Thats the best you can do for now.
    “Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself”
    -Miles Davis

<--- In before he finds out its an integrated GFX card
    Last edited by Pherenis; 02-11-2011 at 11:32 PM.
    Phenom II X6 1090T BE: Overclocked to 4.0ghz (Awaiting Zambezi)
    8GB DDR2 1066
    PNY GTX 470 SLi (240 GT PhysX)

http://wolvesofwar.org/

Plane Touched

Either get a real gaming laptop $2000+ and play on medium settings at best

or

Get a desktop computer system for about $800 and play on medium settings, possibly high.

Quote Originally Posted by Void425 View Post
    Either get a real gaming laptop $2000+ and play on medium settings at best

or

Get a desktop computer system for about $800 and play on medium settings, possibly high.
    Truer words have never been spoken...or typed, I guess in this case.

Champion

Being a relatively NEW (less than 2 year old) I would assume you have Windows 7...

hit the Start/Windows Key
    in the "Search programs and files" box, type DXDIAG
    Hit Enter...
    Save all Information (usually to desktop as DXDIAG.txt)
    Copy all text from DXDIAG.txt and post here in thread.
    CPU: AMD FX 9370@ 5.1Ghz Cooling: Corsair H100
    Mem: 32GB GSkill 1.5V 9-9-9
    HDD: 1 OCZ SSD (boot drive), 2x OCZ SSD in Raid 0 (game drive) 1x 2TB (backup)
    GPU: Sapphire 290
    Asus VH242H (1920x1080p) X3 for 5760 x 1080 Goodness

Any specifics I should ctrl c+v? Kind of a huge document.

Any specifics I should ctrl c+v? Kind of a huge document.
    That'll work.

@Phrenis: Dude you beat me in.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4 GHz RAM: 8 GB GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 1333 MOBO: Gigabyte GA-MA790GPT-UD3H Case: Cooler Master ATCS 840

GPU: Crossfired Dual XFX ATI HD 5850 PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800 W modular PSU Storage: Western Digital Caviar black 1 TB x2 Raid 0

Keyboard: Logitech G110 Mouse: Logitech G9x O.S.: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

I also don't have the time or budget to just drop $200 on a good graphics card. I'm just wonder if lowering X video setting will have minimal effects on the quality of the graphics but drastically reduce lag. (I really like the shadows this game has)

I also don't have the time or budget to just drop $200 on a good graphics card. I'm just wonder if lowering X video setting will have minimal effects on the quality of the graphics but drastically reduce lag. (I really like the shadows this game has)
    The problem is the majority of laptops are not upgradeable GPU wise, and the few that are are royal *explicit* to upgrade.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4 GHz RAM: 8 GB GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 1333 MOBO: Gigabyte GA-MA790GPT-UD3H Case: Cooler Master ATCS 840

GPU: Crossfired Dual XFX ATI HD 5850 PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800 W modular PSU Storage: Western Digital Caviar black 1 TB x2 Raid 0

That sucks. Well my normal computer doesn't have as good of graphics, do I just need a new graphics card in that case?

That sucks. Well my normal computer doesn't have as good of graphics, do I just need a new graphics card in that case?
    Are you talking about updating your desktop GPU?

http://www.villageinstruments.com/ti...hp?page=ViDock Have a look... I haven't dug too far into it.. but it looks like it'll do the job...
    QX9770~3.8Ghz ♣ CF Sapphire & XFX 5870 ♣ 4GB Corsair DDR3 1600Mhz♣ 1TB HDD 32 MB Cache 7200 rpm ♣Gigabyte X48T-DQ6 ♣ OCZ 750W

Uhh, yeah. That.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast