+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question in regards to Video Card settings

Default Question in regards to Video Card settings

I'm currently using a 9600 GT video card and have a question about what I should set in the control panel.

Right now, I'm running a Q9400 processor, 6GB Ram, Windows 7 64bit - Ultimate. I built this PC and it seems kinda stupid of me to need to ask this question, but I am absolutely clueless.

What would your suggested settings be for:

AA Filtering: - Off, 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x
    AA Mode: - Off, Application Controlled, Enhance the application settings, or override the application settings
    AA Transparency: - Supersampling, Multisampling, or Off
    Tripple Buffering: - On/Off

Thanks for any and all help. I'm currently looking at purchasing another video card in a couple of weeks, but figured I'd see if I couldn't fix any problems with these settings for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesguy07 View Post

AA Filtering: - Off, 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x
    AA Mode: - Off, Application Controlled, Enhance the application settings, or override the application settings
    AA Transparency: - Supersampling, Multisampling, or Off
    Tripple Buffering: - On/Off
    You do not run AA with your card type over medium settings in this game, and at medium settings its useless. AA is best for FPS games not MMO because it makes things more crisp and rigid not soft and flowing.

If you are looking to boost your FPS, run with no shadows and turn down the specular lighting as the poly processing for these is rather intensive and causes the greatest FPS loss over all. The rest is taste... draw distance, texture quality and detail, particulates and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Illian.Amerond View Post
    You do not run AA with your card type over medium settings in this game, and at medium settings its useless. AA is best for FPS games not MMO because it makes things more crisp and rigid not soft and flowing.

If you are looking to boost your FPS, run with no shadows and turn down the specular lighting as the poly processing for these is rather intensive and causes the greatest FPS loss over all. The rest is taste... draw distance, texture quality and detail, particulates and so forth.
    That's what I thought, and I preliminarily set all those settings to application.

Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread