+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please help with Install / Uninstall. Getting Error 1605

Soulwalker

Default Please help with Install / Uninstall. Getting Error 1605

So I installed the game and there was an error while installing the game. I tried to uninstall it and there was another error. So I tried to go in manually and delete everything. Well now when I try to install the game it says there is already a copy installed and I can repair, modify or uninstall it. However when I try to do any of these receive this new error lol...

Error : - 1605 This option is only valid for products that currently installed.

So any tech guys out there know how I can somehow get rid of this phantom file lol. It says it's installed then it says it's not. I have searched for rift and trion stuff and found nothing but I am a computer noob haha.

Thanks so much for your time. I really want to play!!!

Quote Originally Posted by corvettexs007 View Post
    So I installed the game and there was an error while installing the game. I tried to uninstall it and there was another error. So I tried to go in manually and delete everything. Well now when I try to install the game it says there is already a copy installed and I can repair, modify or uninstall it. However when I try to do any of these receive this new error lol...

Error : - 1605 This option is only valid for products that currently installed.

So any tech guys out there know how I can somehow get rid of this phantom file lol. It says it's installed then it says it's not. I have searched for rift and trion stuff and found nothing but I am a computer noob haha.

Thanks so much for your time. I really want to play!!!
    You need to remove the game from the registry.

Go to start, Run, and type Regedit
    Registry will open, press CTRL + F and type rift then click search
    and delete all the records you find, then restart your computer and try to install
    Last edited by Police01040; 02-12-2011 at 04:29 AM.

Asus SABERTOOTH X58, Intel® Core™ i7 950 3.06GHz, Syncmaster 2333 23", Kingston HyperX 12GB DDR3 1333MHz NVidia GeForce GTX 570, Western Digital 1TB SATA3, Thermaltake Armor Plus, Enermax PRO82 625W, Windows 7 Ulti x64

Soulwalker

Default did not work

I did these steps

Go to start, Run, and type Regedit
    Registry will open, press CTRL + F and type rift then click search
    and delete all the records you find, then restart your computer and try to install

as someone suggested and i am still getting the same error does anyone have another suggestion?

+ Reply to Thread