+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Performance on Ultra?

Soulwalker

Default Performance on Ultra?

Hey guys, im wondering what kind of system requirements this game will need at launch to be running on ultra?

My Current Set-up....
    CPU: Intel i5 2.66Ghz
    Chipset: Asus P7P55D-E Pro http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=T2FxW2fXGZQgSn2V
    RAM: 6 Gb
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 460 1 Gb

Lemme know if i need to put more RAM, another Processor, or just another GTX 460 in there.

RIFT Community Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by x420 Ownage View Post
    Hey guys, im wondering what kind of system requirements this game will need at launch to be running on ultra?

My Current Set-up....
    Chipset: Asus P7P55D-E Pro http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=T2FxW2fXGZQgSn2V

Lemme know if i need to put more RAM, another Processor, or just another GTX 460 in there.
    try running the game first why dont you? ultra doesnt mean max in this game. so you may actually want to look at that and decide what you want in game.

right off i would say your computer has enough ram. 6gigs is fine.
    the 460 should be okay but if you want more performance consider a SLI setup or even moving to something bigger.
    the processor is also okay but if you want more performance you need more raw power. 2.66ghz its great but the higher that number you can get whether it be through overclocking or a new processor the happier you will be.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalLucidity View Post
    try running the game first why dont you? ultra doesnt mean max in this game. so you may actually want to look at that and decide what you want in game.

the 460 should be okay but if you want more performance consider a SLI setup or even moving to something bigger.
    the processor is also okay but if you want more performance you need more raw power. 2.66ghz its great but the higher that number you can get whether it be through overclocking or a new processor the happier you will be.
    Yup, Ultra is under 2/3 the way to Max.

P.S. Your resolution matters a lot, that spec affects performance significantly OP.
    Rig: 256gb SSD, i7 2600K quad-core (w/ HT, 4400mhz), GTX 670 Gigabyte OC WindForce @ 1354core/6510mem, 2560x1600 (Dell 3007wfp-hc S-IPS LCD monitor 30"), 16GB DDR3.
    Double the pixels of a 1920x1200 monitor = yummy graphics! I do love my eye candy...
    GSB, RoS conqueror, DH, GP cleared, 10/11 HK + P3 Akylios pre-nerf, Mage of Wolfsbane

Soulwalker

better processor meaning an i7 or just a faster i5? ive also been looking into dual intelligent processors because my chipset supports it but i havent heard to many reviews on it
    Last edited by x420 Ownage; 02-11-2011 at 04:38 PM.

RIFT Community Ambassador

better processor meaning an i7 or just a faster i5? ive also been looking into dual intelligent processors because my chipset supports it but i havent heard to many reviews on it
    fastest i could find on newegg thats still in stock.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115227
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Rift Chaser

Just overclock your processor, my i5 760 does 3.8ghz without any problems. No need to buy a different processor.

Graphics card, either sli with another gtx460 if your PSU can handle it or get a better graphics card.

How come your running 6GB in a dual channel m/b, it's normally 4/8GB?
    Last edited by Cathgar; 02-11-2011 at 05:35 PM.

Plane Touched

My Current Set-up....

should be fine if you lower shader quality and lighting to 5 or 6. in large rifts or pub boss fighting expect 15-20 fsp though
    I really enjoy the fact this topic has NOTHING to do about Rift, and it turned into a Rift fest.

I'm just gonna report my own thread and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeropride View Post
    should be fine if you lower shader quality and lighting to 5 or 6. in large rifts or pub boss fighting expect 15-20 fsp though
    This.

I7 is not needed for gaming only. If you are using it for other intensive things then yes, get an I7, if you are just gaming an I5 is practically the same as an I7.

Your computer should be fine as it is if you just overclock everything a little. You can get another 30% performance out of your GPU without even messing with voltages and it overclocks with software.

For what it's worth, my computer completely decimates this game at max settings 1080p. Eats it up and is still hungry for something else to do on the side. I'm not saying this to brag, I'm saying it so you can get a feel of how much NOT to spend just for rift.
    My computer
    Proud member of the Forum Troll fan club.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Troll View Post
    This.

I7 is not needed for gaming only. If you are using it for other intensive things then yes, get an I7, if you are just gaming an I5 is practically the same as an I7.

Your computer should be fine as it is if you just overclock everything a little. You can get another 30% performance out of your GPU without even messing with voltages and it overclocks with software.

For what it's worth, my computer completely decimates this game at max settings 1080p. Eats it up and is still hungry for something else to do on the side. I'm not saying this to brag, I'm saying it so you can get a feel of how much NOT to spend just for rift.
    Using software to OC your system is a bad idea.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator One View Post
    how asinine is this? some hardware manufacturers ship their hardware with software overclocking utilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator One View Post
    I said to OC his GPU.

MSI Afterburner is not a bad idea.
    My computer
    Proud member of the Forum Troll fan club.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Troll View Post
    I said to OC his GPU.

MSI Afterburner is not a bad idea.
    Agreed; always mystifies me how many people behave like they're in a cargo cult when it comes to their PCs. Its really simple; keep temps of X hardware at this range and do not exceed XYZ voltage. Just as simple as that; hardware software clocks speeds are irrevalent. Ought to just overclock if nothing more than to have a greater understanding of how a PC works.

Also props about MSI afterburner; I always chuckle when people use precision tool not realizing it doesnt have basic voltage or fan support
    Last edited by Pherenis; 02-12-2011 at 12:18 AM.
    Phenom II X6 1090T BE: Overclocked to 4.0ghz (Awaiting Zambezi)
    8GB DDR2 1066
    PNY GTX 470 SLi (240 GT PhysX)

http://wolvesofwar.org/

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalLucidity View Post

If its the i5 750 quad , it goes to 3.2ghz when gaming with turbo boost enabled in bios so new cpu is deffo not needed also the i5 is a beast for gaming check around

Soulwalker

Default .

Im running everything on max with no lagg (Haven't seen any yet. There can possible be some places that's quite graphic req)

Im running with:
    Intel Core 2 CPU E7600 3,07 Gz
    GTX 275 GPU
    ASUS P5Q SE2
    Ress 1280x1024
    Win7 x64 Ultimate

+ Reply to Thread