+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Steam + Pre-order + Physical Copy + Australia = ?

Soulwalker

Default Steam + Pre-order + Physical Copy + Australia = ?

So, all four of the terms in my topic title have something to do with my question.

I have pre-ordered the physical copy of Rift: Collectors Edition from Gametraders, a retail games outlet here in Australia, and was wondering if the game code that I receive on the box can be used in steam to be able to get the pre-order TF2 bonus items?

Originally I was going to pre-order off Steam, however it was not available in the AU version of steam when I went to try. So I went to my local store and pre-ordered and put down full payment. Days later it was available on Steam with bonus items (I love bonus items!) and was a little annoyed.

Looking forward to a response soon, thanks!

cant you just try ? if you are going to activate it on steam anyway ?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Tidus4eva View Post
    So, all four of the terms in my topic title have something to do with my question.

I have pre-ordered the physical copy of Rift: Collectors Edition from Gametraders, a retail games outlet here in Australia, and was wondering if the game code that I receive on the box can be used in steam to be able to get the pre-order TF2 bonus items?

Originally I was going to pre-order off Steam, however it was not available in the AU version of steam when I went to try. So I went to my local store and pre-ordered and put down full payment. Days later it was available on Steam with bonus items (I love bonus items!) and was a little annoyed.

Looking forward to a response soon, thanks!
    Hmmm sounds like Cheese

or if you havent used the code or opened the Retail box just deliver it back get ur cash and buy it on steam ?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Eriksen View Post
    or if you havent used the code or opened the Retail box just deliver it back get ur cash and buy it on steam ?
    Keep in mind that Rift isn't out yet and I haven't got the physical box in hand. Which is what pulls me apart, I also want the physical stuff as well >< Can I have my cake and eat it?

Keep in mind that Rift isn't out yet and I haven't got the physical box in hand. Which is what pulls me apart, I also want the physical stuff as well >< Can I have my cake and eat it?
    Apparently the cake is a lie...

~ Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For Thou Art Crunchy and Go Well With Ketchup... ~
    OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE @ 3.6GHz GPU: Nvidia Gainward GTX 580 GOOD Edition RAM: Corsair Dominator 8GB DDR3 1600 PSU: Corsair HX850W

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Krimian View Post
    Apparently the cake is a lie...
    But the cake tastes so good! *sobs*

Then i cant see your problem . If you have Pre- Ordered the game from a retail gameshop . why cant you just cancel your order ?
    At least here in norway if i Pre order a game from a gamesStore and i Cancel it i get my money back , since i can chose to pay 100 % for the game when i pre order it so i can just go pick it up when its in store or i can just pay like 10 % of the total amount just to kinda ``buy`` my pre order ticket so they kinda have a safety ,

But there is a Bump in the road . Since if i want to get my money back if i want to cancel i have to do it at least 5 days before the game is In store . If i do it to late i will get the game anyway at least i wont get my money back so if i chose not to pick it up they can sell it again . but thats just plane stupid .
    Last edited by Eriksen; 02-11-2011 at 04:23 PM.

+ Reply to Thread