+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Change name of Low Quality Render?

Soulwalker

Default Change name of Low Quality Render?

I just found out about this game a few weeks ago; I accepted an invite for Beta 6 and had a good time. I got about 25-30 FPS on default video settings, and about 50-90 FPS on Low Quality Render. The game looks fine on Low Quality Render; slightly less detailed than default settings and much more fluid.

The problem is the stigma I associate with the term "Low Quality Render"; could we change it to something else? I'm thinking something like "Super-Duper Amazing Quality that still looks better than that MMO you just came from and who cares if someone somewhere else can play on slightly higher settings than you can play Render."

Maybe if I didn't know about the higher settings everything would be ok, but I can't really enjoy myself knowing that someone out there somewhere is looking at sharper more defined model hair than I am enjoying it more than me.

Thank you

Lol really?

Quote Originally Posted by Lostfan View Post
    I just found out about this game a few weeks ago; I accepted an invite for Beta 6 and had a good time. I got about 25-30 FPS on default video settings, and about 50-90 FPS on Low Quality Render. The game looks fine on Low Quality Render; slightly less detailed than default settings and much more fluid.

The problem is the stigma I associate with the term "Low Quality Render"; could we change it to something else? I'm thinking something like "Super-Duper Amazing Quality that still looks better than that MMO you just came from and who cares if someone somewhere else can play on slightly higher settings than you can play Render."

Maybe if I didn't know about the higher settings everything would be ok, but I can't really enjoy myself knowing that someone out there somewhere is looking at sharper more defined model hair than I am enjoying it more than me.

Thank you
    It's called Legacy Renderer in the rift.cfg files, if that makes you feel better.

Edit: Wouldn't have wasted my first post on this.
    Last edited by Forum Troll; 02-11-2011 at 11:58 AM.
    My computer
    Proud member of the Forum Troll fan club.

I'm not sure they could easily fit "Super-Duper Amazing Quality that still looks better than that MMO you just came from and who cares if someone somewhere else can play on slightly higher settings than you can play Render." into the settings screen. Probably need to abbreviate it to SDAQTSLBTTMMOYJCFAWCISSECPOSHSTYCPR. That really rolls off the tongue.

I'm going to have to check that option out though just for kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalizaar View Post
    I'm not sure they could easily fit "Super-Duper Amazing Quality that still looks better than that MMO you just came from and who cares if someone somewhere else can play on slightly higher settings than you can play Render." into the settings screen. Probably need to abbreviate it to SDAQTSLBTTMMOYJCFAWCISSECPOSHSTYCPR. That really rolls off the tongue.

I'm going to have to check that option out though just for kicks.
    You don't want to do that.

What has been seen, can not be unseen.
    My computer
    Proud member of the Forum Troll fan club.

I like the idea of Legacy renderer, but that'd make people think its an Ultra-Ultra quality setting.

+ Reply to Thread