+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blue Screen Error

Soulwalker

Default Blue Screen Error

Hey guys, im getting put into a blue screen where my tv cant recognicze the format of the game when its launched, im running on win7, Nvidia GTX 480 SE 1Gb, im not sure why but if any of you know the problem please share

Quote Originally Posted by x420 Ownage View Post
    Hey guys, im getting put into a blue screen where my tv cant recognize the format of the game when its launched, I'm running on win7, Nvidia GTX 480 SE 1Gb, I'm not sure why but if any of you know the problem please share
    Is the system overclocked? Have you tried a different monitor(I am sure you have a friend/family member that will let you borrow one)?
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4 GHz RAM: 8 GB GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 1333 MOBO: Gigabyte GA-MA790GPT-UD3H Case: Cooler Master ATCS 840

GPU: Crossfired Dual XFX ATI HD 5850 PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800 W modular PSU Storage: Western Digital Caviar black 1 TB x2 Raid 0

Keyboard: Logitech G110 Mouse: Logitech G9x O.S.: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Hey guys, im getting put into a blue screen where my tv cant recognicze the format of the game when its launched, im running on win7, Nvidia GTX 480 SE 1Gb, im not sure why but if any of you know the problem please share
    I assume you are referring to a signal not supported blue screen on your TV rather then a windows blue screen of death.

Insure you are using the VGA input of your TV and not a HD input, HD inputs are limited to HD resolutions. Most TV will only support a VGA resolution of 1680X1050, going higher will not be supported typically.

Soulwalker

yes its a blue screen format issue, im connected using an HDMI to a HDTV, should i swap it out with a VGA input then?

yes its a blue screen format issue, im connected using an HDMI to a HDTV, should i swap it out with a VGA input then?
    yes, then start at a lower resolution then go up until you get a not supported then down one and that will be your max supported resolution.

Also some TV will actually scale the resolution down. So your TV may only display 1680x1050 but you could input a much higher resolution and then your TV will down scale it to its native resolution. Not good to do this because you are basically wasting your GPU by sending out a signal that is then just down scaled by the TV. You would be better off sending the native resolution signal of your TV. It's a good idea to check your TV manual to see what it's max VGA resolution is.

Also, some TV will have format issue if you have the signal from your GPU active when you change your TV input to the VGA. Fist set your TV to VGA input (you will see a blue screen with "no signal") then you extend your desktop to your TV and all should be good.

One other thing, some TV's will have a DVI input, you can use the DVI input rather then a VGA input.
    Last edited by Warpiglet; 02-11-2011 at 09:19 AM.

Soulwalker

OK so I did your process step by step, aftergextending my desktop to the tv after the tv is set to VGA, the "No Signal" goes away but the screen is still staying blue.... Do I have to adjust the vga settings of my GPU before switching cables over?

OK so I did your process step by step, aftergextending my desktop to the tv after the tv is set to VGA, the "No Signal" goes away but the screen is still staying blue.... Do I have to adjust the vga settings of my GPU before switching cables over?
    You running ATI card?

I also assume you have a normal monitor and you are using your TV as a second monitor. Correct?
    Last edited by Warpiglet; 02-11-2011 at 09:44 AM.

Soulwalker

No, Nvidia Geforce GTX 480, and no I currently only have access to my HDTV, ive ran many other high quility games like Just Cause 2 without any issues like this...
    Last edited by x420 Ownage; 02-11-2011 at 09:45 AM.

No, Nvidia Geforce GTX 480
    well im use to ATI but Nvidia should be the same. your system tray icon, if you right click it you should see both your monitors. drop the resolution of the TV to say 1024X768 and see if you get a picture.

Yes drop your resolution before connecting it to the TV. Drop it to say 1024X768 and then plug it into your TV and check for a picture

Soulwalker

Ok I just did that, I got a picture but its currently only displaying my desktop background, the HDMI setting is still displaying everything tho. Is there a setting I need to change now that i finally got picture on VGA?

Ok I just did that, I got a picture but its currently only displaying my desktop background, the HDMI setting is still displaying everything tho. Is there a setting I need to change now that i finally got picture on VGA?
    That is normal for a extended desk top, there is also an option to duplicate your main desktop to the second screen also, you can also switch the desktops so your TV becomes your main. Switch your TV to your main, make sure you don't imput to high a resolution to it.

Soulwalker

OK sweet, I so far got everything running on VGA/TV, but i cant get my resolution up over 1024x768 without it going back into blue screen. As of now, theres like 2 inches horizontally of the black bars on each side of my display.

OK sweet, I so far got everything running on VGA/TV, but i cant get my resolution up over 1024x768 without it going back into blue screen. As of now, theres like 2 inches horizontally of the black bars on each side of my display.
    What is the TV brand and model? Try going to 1280X720 resolution. I just have a cheaper 48 inch RCA in my computer room, its max resolution supported is 1680X1050
    Last edited by Warpiglet; 02-11-2011 at 10:19 AM.

Soulwalker

its a RCA 720p 36 in. Im not sure the model number because i picked it up at off craisglist. >.<

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast