+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quick question about my new machine

Talking Quick question about my new machine

FREE CPU Overclocking to 4.30GHz
    • Intel® 2nd Generation Core™ i5-2500K Processor
    • MSI GeForce® GTX 460 Cyclone Overclocked Edition 1024MB GDDR5 Graphics Card
    • 4GB Mushkin (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz 9-9-9-24 Silverline - 996768
    • 1TB Samsung HD103SJ SpinPoint F3 SATA-II 3.5" Hard Drive
    • Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3 Intel P67 (Socket 1155) DDR3 PCI-Express Motherboard
    • Corsair Builder Series 600CX Power Supply
    • Antec 300 Midi Tower ATX Chassis
    • Gelid Tranquillo CPU Cooler

https://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials...roductId=43228

These is the specs of a machine I have just purchased. Window 7 64 home too. Massive upgrade on my old machine, but I am wondering, what sort of performance can I expect from Rift on a machine like this. Also what simple and relativeley affordable upgrades would net a good performance boost? Upgrade to 8GB ram? Get an SLI twin card?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

That machine will run rift on high/ultra no problems with great fps

Champion of Telara

First of all.. P67 and H67 chipset have been recalled 1-2 weeks ago..from Intel.

I dont know who sold you this rig..Contact them ASAP for the change of motherboard when the new ones arrive in a month.. Its their job to do the change...

Basically the problem is..

Over time the SATA 2 ports go bad and at the same time destroy your devices connected to them..

BUT..If you only have 2 devices..1 Driver and one HDD you can connect both of them to the 2 SATA 3 ports and there is no issue then check it out ASAP : >

Also..Your GPU is a good card..I am guessing it was cheaper because its out of the market soon since the GTX 560 Ti got its place..but still GTX 460 Cylcone is a good card.
    Last edited by potis; 02-11-2011 at 05:25 AM.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    First of all.. P67 and H67 chipset have been recalled 1-2 weeks ago..from Intel.

I dont know who sold you this rig..Contact them ASAP for the change of motherboard when the new ones arrive in a month.. Its their job to do the change...

Basically the problem is..

Over time the SATA 2 ports go bad and at the same time destroy your devices connected to them..

BUT..If you only have 2 devices..1 Driver and one HDD you can connect both of them to the 2 SATA 3 ports and there is no issue then check it out ASAP : >

Also..Your GPU is a good card..I am guessing it was cheaper because its out of the market soon since the GTX 560 Ti got its place..but still GTX 460 Cylcone is a good card.
    Recalled? The machine hasn't been delivered yet but this sounds really really bad. Surely all companies that are supplying these products are aware of the recall. Aria, the company that is supplying me the machine are very reputable and I have dealt with them for a number of years. I wouldn't believe they would miss something like this?

Quote Originally Posted by matthew84 View Post
    Recalled? The machine hasn't been delivered yet but this sounds really really bad. Surely all companies that are supplying these products are aware of the recall. Aria, the company that is supplying me the machine are very reputable and I have dealt with them for a number of years. I wouldn't believe they would miss something like this?
    Give them a call , if i was you but araipc usually great company im sure they will sort it

Champion of Telara

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news/...a-screw-up.ars

Read it yourself..

And they didnt miss it..As i already told you.. On machines with only 2 devices they just connect them to the SATA 3 ports that have no problem at all.. but if you yourself add something else..

Like a second disk..Its gonna go into those ports..The estimated time for a complete death apparently its 1 year with a usage of ~5 hours + per day still on 20% of the machines..still why would anyone want a chance of something breaking down..and even worst something you storaged everything into breaking down.

Also..the new chipset with the above problem fixed is getting send to the Manufacturers 14th of February.. (Getting send to Asus/Gigabyte/MSI etc(..it will take 20 days-1 month before the fixed products are back..Request your new motherboard around then.

It isnt much to fuzz about..Open your PC when it arrives..Make sure the devices..Your HDD and Optical are connected to the SATA 3 ports.. (They are usually white and a bit further from the other 4 SATA 2 black ones) and you wont have any issue..Ask from the place you ordered it a motherboard change when they arrive..
    Last edited by potis; 02-11-2011 at 05:46 AM.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news/...a-screw-up.ars

Read it yourself..

And they didnt miss it..As i already told you.. On machines with only 2 devices they just connect them to the SATA 3 ports that have no problem at all.. but if you yourself add something else..

Like a second disk..Its gonna go into those ports..The estimated time for a complete death apparently its 1 year with a usage of ~5 hours + per day still on 20% of the machines..still why would anyone want a chance of something breaking down..and even worst something you storaged everything into breaking down.

Also..the new chipset with the above problem fixed is getting send to the Manufacturers 14th of February.. (Getting send to Asus/Gigabyte/MSI etc(..it will take 20 days-1 month before the fixed products are back..Request your new motherboard around then.

It isnt much to fuzz about..Open your PC when it arrives..Make sure the devices..Your HDD and Optical are connected to the SATA 3 ports.. (They are usually white and a bit further from the other 4 SATA 2 black ones) and you wont have any issue..Ask from the place you ordered it a motherboard change when they arrive..
    Hi there! What's the typical building time of these systems at the moment? How long between order and delivery?
    Many thanks

Answer by thomasr on Friday, February 4, 2011
    [U]Our goal is 3-5 days, but due to the latest Sandy Bridge release from Intel, there is a bit of a backlog - approx

This is taken from the product 'reveiws and questions' section associated with the above machine. Would you say this references the problem you mention?

Champion of Telara

The building time of a PC from an expert can be done in 1-2 hours..With installing everything in the next 30mins-1 hour..so in total the actual building would be 2-3 hours tops..then the delivery..how far are you?

But to a company that has mass orders that can mean 5 days-1 week..now to answer your question i cant know what that company is doing.. 90% chance they are talking about that..Call them and ask them yourself.

The building time of a PC from an expert can be done in 1-2 hours..With installing everything in the next 30mins-1 hour..so in total the actual building would be 2-3 hours tops..then the delivery..how far are you?

But to a company that has mass orders that can mean 5 days-1 week..now to answer your question i cant know what that company is doing.. 90% chance they are talking about that..Call them and ask them yourself.
    Thanks for your time, you have been a great help. Nice to have relative feedback on some forums as opposed to constant 'trolling and flaming'.

Kind Regards

Matt

Champion of Telara

Not a problem..Glad to be of help...but i doubt a company would go that far to sell something broken..if its as respective as you say it is ;p your order will probably come in a month if they dont send you a problematic mobo.

Talking

Not a problem..Glad to be of help...but i doubt a company would go that far to sell something broken..if its as respective as you say it is ;p your order will probably come in a month if they dont send you a problematic mobo.
    Having now spoken to them they confirm the fault and that they will be collecting the machine to replace the board in April. Get the pc in a week.... means I miss the final beta

+ Reply to Thread