+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pre-Order But No Install Link

Default Pre-Order But No Install Link

Hello ,
    I Ordered The Game Today , i live in lebanon and im on a slow connection comparing to eu/us is it possible to have a download link for the client so i can catch up the head start with the others

thanks

Ps:Steam Order

would be nice if we could start to download it a day or 2 before its released for the preorders. im guessing there is still some things not finished at the moment tho

Quote Originally Posted by Skullpunk View Post
    would be nice if we could start to download it a day or 2 before its released for the preorders. im guessing there is still some things not finished at the moment tho
    if the client is so big 2 days are not even enough im on 256Kb connection the beta took me 4 days to download (

Quote Originally Posted by ManOwaRR View Post
    if the client is so big 2 days are not even enough im on 256Kb connection the beta took me 4 days to download (
    :O 4 days? man, i dunno. hoping for your sake/sanity we can start a few days before the servers open

Quote Originally Posted by Skullpunk View Post
    :O 4 days? man, i dunno. hoping for your sake/sanity we can start a few days before the servers open
    i really hope so , i believe Trion is aware of this , but why no download link no idea usually everyone gives the client of the game days before head start , i will try to copy the beta game files into the main to save up 7gb download , hopefully someone from tech can answer and give more information , Trion <33333333333333333333333333333

My guess for no download link yet.... There isnt a release client, its still being developed after the beta phase.

Dont expect to be able to download it until after the B7 event.
    "This raid needs more squirrel."

Quote Originally Posted by ManOwaRR View Post
    Hello ,
    I Ordered The Game Today , i live in lebanon and im on a slow connection comparing to eu/us is it possible to have a download link for the client so i can catch up the head start with the others

thanks

Ps:Steam Order
    There is a Rift beta torrent, you can goto www.thepiratebay.org and search Rift Beta and dl it via torrent. You could also try this link
    http://update2.triongames.com/patche...cher_setup.exe
    Last edited by Warpiglet; 02-11-2011 at 08:21 AM.

I've mentioned this in an older thread, but I have something I'm going to try when the headstart downloader begins. Basically just planning on moving the data from after the final beta build in to the directory I installed the final clients patcher to, and doing a repair. Some of the data will probably be just fine for the final client, then the download will be smaller.

Note: This is obviously something you can't do until the end of the final beta and the headstart downloader is beginning. It should skip some downloading for you, worst case it finds nothing usable, and you're no worse off.

I did a bunch of things and a bunch of stuff; now I'm just a casual player.

Cool Same As Above..

Same plan as AP. Hopefully it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Naria View Post
    I've mentioned this in an older thread, but I have something I'm going to try when the headstart downloader begins. Basically just planning on moving the data from after the final beta build in to the directory I installed the final clients patcher to, and doing a repair. Some of the data will probably be just fine for the final client, then the download will be smaller.

Note: This is obviously something you can't do until the end of the final beta and the headstart downloader is beginning. It should skip some downloading for you, worst case it finds nothing usable, and you're no worse off.
    What they said this has been brought up a lot of times we should know something soon.

Shadowlander

Was the previous beta client 7 gigs? damz.. thats gonna take me 2 hours to download. I'm still a month or 2/3 away from my 100Mb Glassfiber connection.

+ Reply to Thread