+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: is there currently poor optimization across the board?

Default is there currently poor optimization across the board?

i hear alot of people say that the game is poorly optimized, but how bad is it really? will i ever see more than 27 frames on minimum on a 9600gt or will i be destined to use low quality renderer?
    Last edited by adddemon; 02-10-2011 at 09:41 PM.

The 9600gt is a fairly dated card, I wouldn't expect massive performance increases to be doable with that .
    Rig: 256gb SSD, i7 2600K quad-core (w/ HT, 4400mhz), GTX 670 Gigabyte OC WindForce @ 1354core/6510mem, 2560x1600 (Dell 3007wfp-hc S-IPS LCD monitor 30"), 16GB DDR3.
    Double the pixels of a 1920x1200 monitor = yummy graphics! I do love my eye candy...
    GSB, RoS conqueror, DH, GP cleared, 10/11 HK + P3 Akylios pre-nerf, Mage of Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
    The 9600gt is a fairly dated card, I wouldn't expect massive performance increases to be doable with that .
    do you think there is hope to at least break past 40 frames after a few months of patches updates etc?

i have to beleve there is hope, considering that the difference between min and ultra is only 10 frames., but on the other hand, that difference percent wise of 27 and 17 is somewhere around 40 or 50%

what do you think?
    Last edited by adddemon; 02-10-2011 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adddemon View Post
    do you think there is hope to at least break past 40 frames after a few months of patches updates etc?

i have to beleve there is hope, considering that the difference between min and ultra is only 10 frames., but on the other hand, that difference percent wise of 27 and 17 is somewhere around 40 or 50%

what do you think?
    I think I'm tired and thought of a different chip when you said 9600gt . I'd expect you'll eke out a few more frames over time with them optimizing the game, but it's dicey as to whether they'll end up grabbing tons of performance more for Rift in the short-term. By the way, if you are using Anisotropic Filtering (AF) make sure it is forced from the driver once the beta 7 comes up, and set it in-game to 0 (off). For some reason using the in-game AF instead of the driver's is causing a large performance dip for everyone. Personally it was causing me to drop a good 25% performance when I tested it.
    Last edited by GoldenTiger; 02-10-2011 at 10:28 PM.
    Rig: 256gb SSD, i7 2600K quad-core (w/ HT, 4400mhz), GTX 670 Gigabyte OC WindForce @ 1354core/6510mem, 2560x1600 (Dell 3007wfp-hc S-IPS LCD monitor 30"), 16GB DDR3.
    Double the pixels of a 1920x1200 monitor = yummy graphics! I do love my eye candy...
    GSB, RoS conqueror, DH, GP cleared, 10/11 HK + P3 Akylios pre-nerf, Mage of Wolfsbane

Ascendant

Red face

what do you think?
    I think if you want more than 40fps you'll need a better Gpu. Anything is possible, but I would not put any money on it.
    2600K@5.3Ghz
    XFX GTX580@960
    28" 1920x1200
    SuperNerd

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by C-BuZz View Post
    I think if you want more than 40fps you'll need a better Gpu. Anything is possible, but I would not put any money on it.
    Probably, but Trion also needs to revise the specs. there is no real way the minimum specs they say will run this game are even close. Unless you consider 5 FPS running the game. Even the recommended stuff is probably pushing it on low.

Either they need to do a ton of fixing or they need to revise the specs because so many people are thinking they are going to play this game with things like Gefore FX cards are going to be sad pandas.

Plane Touched

i hear alot of people say that the game is poorly optimized, but how bad is it really? will i ever see more than 27 frames on minimum on a 9600gt or will i be destined to use low quality renderer?
    Really it is the opposite. The game is highly optimized with the latest technology for the most recent video cards on the market today. If people would stay up to date with there hardware they would not run into such an issue. This is like saying that playstation 3 games are not optimized when you try to play them in your playstation 1.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick494 View Post
    Probably, but Trion also needs to revise the specs. there is no real way the minimum specs they say will run this game are even close. Unless you consider 5 FPS running the game. Even the recommended stuff is probably pushing it on low.

Either they need to do a ton of fixing or they need to revise the specs because so many people are thinking they are going to play this game with things like Gefore FX cards are going to be sad pandas.
    Totally agree with that, they should revise the minimum AND recommended specs. Actually, they should just change the minimum to recommended, at least then people will have an acceptable gaming experience & they will at least be pulling 20fps in big Rift encounters. They should then increase there recommended specs.
    Last edited by C-BuZz; 02-10-2011 at 10:48 PM.
    2600K@5.3Ghz
    XFX GTX580@960
    28" 1920x1200
    SuperNerd

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Void425 View Post
    Really it is the opposite. The game is highly optimized with the latest technology for the most recent video cards on the market today. If people would stay up to date with there hardware they would not run into such an issue. This is like saying that playstation 3 games are not optimized when you try to play them in your playstation 1.
    so what you are saying is that Trion is a bunch of bald faced liars and are marketing a game to about 95% of the people that will never be able to run this game well for at least the next two years. Plus that their specs requirements are so far off a ******ed monkey could have written them better?

Please you're so far off the mark its not funny. This game isn't even coded to take advantage of DX10 features let alone DX11, so them being highly optimized for the latest tech is clearly an overstatement at best.

Quote Originally Posted by C-BuZz View Post
    noes, i suppose time will tell, there is always low quality renderer i guess, but while it just looks horrid, i fear most that i will be standing in fire i cannot see when i raid.

also for the record, i can run wow on max (i know, everyone can), while i have a laptop that needs to run wow on min to get 25 frames, it can run rifts on low quality render, i am going to facepalm so hard if i have to use that on this desktop too
    Last edited by adddemon; 02-10-2011 at 10:57 PM.

Ascendant

noes, i suppose time will tell, there is always low quality renderer i guess, but while it just looks horrid, i fear most that i will be standing in fire i cannot see when i raid.
    Heh, yeah if you cant see the fire it's time for an upgrade
    2600K@5.3Ghz
    XFX GTX580@960
    28" 1920x1200
    SuperNerd

Ascendant

also for the record, i can run wow on max (i know, everyone can), while i have a laptop that needs to run wow on min to get 25 frames, it can run rifts on low quality render, i am going to facepalm so hard if i have to use that on this desktop too
    I can run Wow on Max without a computer.
    2600K@5.3Ghz
    XFX GTX580@960
    28" 1920x1200
    SuperNerd

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick494 View Post
    Plus that their specs requirements are so far off a ******ed monkey could have written them better?
    I could not agree more with this statement, but then again, 95% of the population does not even bother reading the spec requirements before they install and try playing anything.

I think if you can get 30-50 all time then you are good to go.

Remember this is not a FPS game whre you have to have the best FPS at all times minimum 30-35 realy is what you ned. Latency is the worst thing.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Void425 View Post
    Are you joking? this game is not highly optimized at all. Beta 5 I was playing the game perfectly fine on Ultra with a 8800GTX and was getting a solid 35-40FPS. Beta 6 comes along i get 30fps on low and bottoms out to 2fps soon as I move. Really some things you need to know is the game is built on an old graphic engine and not a good one either. Not only that the engine is Directx 9 which is very old and last time I checked Directx 11 is the newest thing and Directx 11 can blow Directx 9 out of the water and then some in terms of graphics. There are issues in the game and thats understandable because its Beta it's bad enough people try to surgar coat Rift saying it has no problems and put the blame on peoples computers even when the persons computer is totally capable of running the game. Rift is no evolution in graphics and they could of did a hell of a lot better job with graphics and optimization and at least use the latest technologies out there and give the people who can handle "Driectx 11" a choice to do so but thats not the case. I tested this game with 4 computers 580GTX, 8700M, 5460HD, and 8800GTX. All had newest drivers start of Beta5 580GTX, 8800GTX, and 5460HD were all unplayable on any setting the 8700M was at least playable. Near the end of Beta5 seen huge improvements 8800GTX, 580GTX, and 8700M were all getting good fps considering some of the cards are old as for the 5460HD it was peforming badly. Beta6 580GTX took a hit on fps 8800GTX, 8700M, and 5460HD was unplayable and was very laggy. Latency was never issue during all the Beta's 56-132ms. All fingers point at the game between Betas I could see graphic peroformance increase or decrease as much as 60-95% 2fps on low one day and 40fps on ultra another day. The game could be perfectly working with some graphic cards not going to disagree with that. In a lot of cases I read old graphic cards were out performing new ones and thats mostly due to "poor optimization" and drivers can cause issues to but it still does not explain how a graphic card can go from 2fps one day to 60fps the next with the same driver. With the increases and decreases I seen in performance I would really hold off in replacing any computer hardware for Rift and simply wait tell the game is out.
    Last edited by Warblade; 02-11-2011 at 01:51 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast