+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ati readon 2400 pro

Default Ati readon 2400 pro

so yeah. i have that card and it kinda blows... ati drivers are crap anyway nothing works ( like CCC)

i can run the game but i must use the: my videocard is a piece of crap settings on rift to get any decent fps

so here is my question: should i just not play rift. i like rift i played the beta but i can only enjoy 50% of the game. i can't do rifts because if there are more then 10 people on my screen i have 3 fps, there for pvp is also out of the question? do you think rift has enough ''solo'' stuff to do for me to enjoy it
    Last edited by jimerick; 02-10-2011 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimerick View Post
    so yeah. i have that card and it kinda blows... ati drivers are crap anyway nothing works ( like CCC)

i can run the game but i must use the: my videocard is a piece of crap settings on rift to get any decent fps

so here is my question: should i just not play rift. i like rift i played the beta but i can only enjoy 50% of the game. i can't do rifts because if there are more then 10 people on my screen i have 3 fps, there for pvp is also out of the question? do you think rift has enough ''solo'' stuff to do for me to enjoy it
    OR you could invest in a new video card.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4 GHz RAM: 8 GB GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 1333 MOBO: Gigabyte GA-MA790GPT-UD3H Case: Cooler Master ATCS 840

GPU: Crossfired Dual XFX ATI HD 5850 PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800 W modular PSU Storage: Western Digital Caviar black 1 TB x2 Raid 0

Keyboard: Logitech G110 Mouse: Logitech G9x O.S.: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

ati drivers are crap anyway nothing works ( like CCC)
    Am I the only one who never has any problems with ATI drivers or with CCC?

As for your post, I'd recommend a new graphics card unless you're broke.
    If at first you don't succeed, threaten to quit unless it's nerfed.

yes thats another option, sadly this is also the one i can't do because my wallet says so,

also i have no idea what card i should take( because the only thing i know about computers is that it has a on button) what i do know is that videocards as expensive as hell and because i can't instal it myself i have to call some computer guy to do it for me, also expensive

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhedjinn View Post
    Am I the only one who never has any problems with ATI drivers or with CCC?

As for your post, I'd recommend a new graphics card unless you're broke.
    yes you are the only one i believe lucky son of a gun, mine just says host application does not work anymore. and if it does not say that i just does nothing(wont open)
    Last edited by jimerick; 02-10-2011 at 06:47 PM.

yes you are the only one i believe. mine just says host application does not work anymore. and if it does not say that i just does nothing(wont open)
    I think you have bigger problems than CCC/Catalyst, my friend.

Rift Disciple

yes thats another option, sadly this is also the one i can't do because my wallet says so,

also i have no idea what card i should take( because the only thing i know about computers is that it has a on button) what i do know is that videocards as expensive as hell and because i can't instal it myself i have to call some computer guy to do it for me, also expensive
    Are you a teenager? Go rake someone's yard or shovel some snow. Ask your parents for some money in exchange for doing some chores. If you are an adult... well that is just sad. Just look on Ebay/Craigslist and get a used one. So many options besides complaining of BEING BROKE!
    Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5, AMD Phenom II X4 965, AC Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 (30C idle), 8GB G Skill DDR3, Gigabyte GV-R685OC-1GD, COOLER MASTER Silent Pro M700, 1 TB WD, Thermaltake V9 Black Edition case, 23" Acer H233H @1080p via HDMI

Quote Originally Posted by jp74 View Post
    Are you a teenager? Go rake someone's yard or shovel some snow. Ask your parents for some money in exchange for doing some chores. If you are an adult... well that is just sad. Just look on Ebay/Craigslist and get a used one. So many options besides complaining of BEING BROKE!
    im sorry to say that i do not complain, im just simply asking if its worth to buy rift with my videocard. because i got no straight anwser in the first post i said that i can't afford it, thats all. but i see you point. thanks for the options anyway

ROFL! A valid post, but I had to laugh because it sounded so much like "get off my lawn you kids".

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhedjinn View Post
    I think you have bigger problems than CCC/Catalyst, my friend.
    what you mean, my private parts are fine and yes i know but nothing i can do about so i just have to deal with it no problem

what you mean, my private parts are fine and yes i know but nothing i can do about so i just have to deal with it no problem
    Well, there are options. I mean, I am guessing you have reinstalled the drivers but when was the last time that computer had a full Windows re-install. Could solve a whole host of problems, not your performance issues though I'm afraid.

uhm i got my computer back in 2007. so thats the last time. thanks for that i still have the windows cd around here somewhere thank you for the tip

Rift Disciple

GTX 460 - $130 with rebate:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127519

GTS 450 - $90 with rebate (not as good but WAY better than what you got)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814125341
    Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5, AMD Phenom II X4 965, AC Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 (30C idle), 8GB G Skill DDR3, Gigabyte GV-R685OC-1GD, COOLER MASTER Silent Pro M700, 1 TB WD, Thermaltake V9 Black Edition case, 23" Acer H233H @1080p via HDMI

GTX 460 - $130 with rebate:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127519

GTS 450 - $90 with rebate (not as good but WAY better than what you got)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814125341
    if you don't mind me asking. on what settings can i run rift with the last one? i know it will be beter then what i have now. i just like to know, if you don't want to awnser thats oke to

Rift Disciple

if you don't mind me asking. on what settings can i run rift with the last one? i know it will be beter then what i have now. i just like to know, if you don't want to awnser thats oke to
    I'd say medium. High with some stuff disabled (shadows, etc.). Depends on the rest of your PC. Download a program called "speccy" and it will tell you all your components. My buddy that I play with has the GTS 450 and he is OK. Rift has been friendlier to Nvidia's anyway thus far. If you can afford to sub a game and aren't living under a bridge than you can scrape together the dough for the card. Do it! Get the card and live life to the fullest!
    Last edited by jp74; 02-10-2011 at 07:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast