+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need your help!!! PC crazy

Default Need your help!!! PC crazy

Ok Im shopping for a new PC and I want one to be able to play this game on high or ultra...I'm lost when it comes to these things.

Shadowlander

if you want my advice, build your own unless you either, don't know how to put one together, or don't care to.

What's your budget? and I agree with the above poster.. It is pretty easy to put a computer together yourself these days. Especially with all the youtube how to videos floating around.

Quote Originally Posted by Viluzious View Post
    if you want my advice, build your own unless you either, don't know how to put one together, or don't care to.
    i have no clue how...any brand I could buy at best buy are something

Shield of Telara

Do not buy a PC from Best Buy or Dell. Best Buy is garbage, and Dell is the biggest ripoff on the planet.

Post your budget and I will configure a PC for you on AVADirect.
    Riler - Future Guardian Warladin Knight
    <Pain>

Quote Originally Posted by Melnock View Post
    What's your budget? and I agree with the above poster.. It is pretty easy to put a computer together yourself these days. Especially with all the youtube how to videos floating around.
    $600-$700 but can expand if need be

Quote Originally Posted by Riler View Post
    Do not buy a PC from Best Buy or Dell. Best Buy is garbage, and Dell is the biggest ripoff on the planet.

Damn i swear I was just on their site

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Riler View Post

/sigh.. when are people going to realize that NOT EVERYONE can/wants to build/maintain/warranty their own PC ?
    believe me I'm not advocating BestBy etc.. however they have their place. Some people just want a PC that "works", games when they want to game etc and IF something should go wrong dial up 1-88-IT'S-BROKE !! Get a technician on the phone who can "dial" in to their PC and "fix it", or worst case schedule a pickup and in the meantime while their PC is getting fixed get a loaner.

I've been building PCs for over 20 years, worked for big biz as well as myself and many others.. many people just want a computer thats guaranteed to work and if it doesn't, have a guarantee that someone will come fix it. For them it's worth paying the "Dell Tax/Surcharge" and knowing that they can get help 24/7. I hardly like buildign PCs for family nevermind clients who want to call at 2am because they can figure out how to migrate from OE6 to Thunderbird or why their PC won't "wake up" or what this or that error means. SURE, I can build a top of the line PC that matches or beats any thing Dell/HP/BB etc can put out at a significant savings however I DON'T want to be on beckon command 24/7 52 weeks a year for a measley $450 profit. If YOU (generalized, not aimed at anyone person here) don't want/need that type of support and feel comfortable mucking aournds in a PC even if it means downtime/broken hardware etc thats great but again not everyone does and THOSE are the people BB/Dell tc are catering to
    CPU: AMD FX 9370@ 5.1Ghz Cooling: Corsair H100
    Mem: 32GB GSkill 1.5V 9-9-9
    HDD: 1 OCZ SSD (boot drive), 2x OCZ SSD in Raid 0 (game drive) 1x 2TB (backup)
    GPU: Sapphire 290
    Asus VH242H (1920x1080p) X3 for 5760 x 1080 Goodness

Quote Originally Posted by Chash View Post
    Better plan on $700-850. The $700 range is pretty minimal for a gaming system.

Look around NewEgg and Amazon, do not go lower than an AMD 5770 or Nvidia GTX 460.
    **Canceled Oct '11, cannot reply on forums. Contact me through my site.**
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast
    rabb1t's Gamer Day 2010 After Party videos
    joo can has Rift iPhone 4 and Droid wallpapers

$700 wont give ultra unless you build it yourself.

Shield of Telara

$700 is really cutting it close. Here is the best prebuilt PC I can think of for that type of budget.

Go here:

http://www.avadirect.com/product_det...asp?PRID=15159

Select the following options (most are the defaults). This PC will probably play Rift pretty well on High settings.

Total = $692.

COMPUCASE HEC 6C28B Black Mid-Tower Case, No PSU, ATX
    HEC Orion HP 585D 585W Power Supply, 24-pin ATX, ATX12V, Dual 80mm Fans, OEM
    GIGABYTE GA-M68MT-D3, AM3, nForce® 630a, DDR3-1666 8GB /2, PCIe x16, SATA 3 Gb/s RAID 5 /4, VGA, HDA, GbLAN, mATX, Retail
    AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Quad-Core 3.2GHz, AM3, HT 4000MHz, 4x 512KB L2 + 6MB L3 cache, 125W, 45nm, Black Edition, Retail
    KINGSTON 4GB (2 x 2GB) ValueRAM PC3-10600 DDR3 1333MHz CL9 1.5V SDRAM DIMM, Non-ECC
    XFX Radeon™ HD 6850 775MHz, 1GB GDDR5 4000MHz, PCIe x16 CrossFire, DVI /2, HDMI, DP, Retail
    SEAGATE 500GB Barracuda® 7200.12, SATA 3 Gb/s, 7200 RPM, 16MB cache
    RAID No RAID, Independent HDD Drives
    SONY AD-7261S Black 24x DVD±R/RW Dual-Layer Burner w/ Lightscribe, SATA, OEM
    MICROSOFT Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Edition, OEM
    WARRANTY Silver Warranty Package (3 Year Limited Parts, 3 Year Labor Warranty)
    Riler - Future Guardian Warladin Knight
    <Pain>

ok after running around the city looking for a pc that can run this thing...plus all the advice I'm getting from the site (thanks by the way) the answer was right in front of me...upgrade my current computer...I went to the ste " Can my computer run it " and all I needed for the recommended settings was a new vid card...too easy...thanks.

ok after running around the city looking for a pc that can run this thing...plus all the advice I'm getting from the site (thanks by the way) the answer was right in front of me...upgrade my current computer...I went to the ste " Can my computer run it " and all I needed for the recommended settings was a new vid card...too easy...thanks.
    never trust that program lol , you said you wanted high/ultra that program gives you basic results

Quote Originally Posted by decrypter View Post
    never trust that program lol , you said you wanted high/ultra that program gives you basic results
    yeah but I'll settle for decent gameplay not that choppy crap

Soulwalker

While on this subject can anyone tell me if this game is more CPU or GPU dependant? I too am building a new rig and would like said info before i start as i previously built with WoW in mind. Any help is welcome and sorry for hijacking your thread OP

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast