+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: HELP! Cheap(ish) Gaming PC ?

Shadowlander

Default HELP! Cheap(ish) Gaming PC ?

Hi im looking for a bit of advice on what certain PC's i should be looking at for gaming online as i currently play with a laptop and its almost unbearable with such low FPS.
    I really have no idea about PC's so could someone post some ideas of PC's that are good for gaming at a reasonable price? id say no more than 650, thanks guys!
    Last edited by lozaomg; 02-11-2011 at 05:14 AM.

I would try out ibuypower.com its the site i used for my rig although mine cost me $1700. They custom build your computer whatever you want with it.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Jaredwt View Post
    I would try out ibuypower.com its the site i used for my rig although mine cost me $1700. They custom build your computer whatever you want with it.
    ok thanks dude ill check that out later, but most of it will just be random words to me :P

LOL, I missed that you posted your budget, sorry.. I'm tired today.
    Last edited by Melnock; 02-10-2011 at 02:19 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Melnock View Post
    If you post your budget we could make some suggestions.. Would you be buying this PC to primarily play Rift or do you want to use it for other games down the road?
    Primarily to be playing Rift so dont need too much memory
    id go as far as 800 but definately will see if i can get cheaper

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Melnock View Post
    LOL, I missed that you posted your budget, sorry.. I'm tired today.
    Hah no worries dude

I sent you a PM.

Do NOT buy from ibuypower. They do terrible jobs. You could do better, for cheaper, if you assembled it yourself. Also, $900 USD could get you an excellent computer, so you don't need to spend as much as you think.
    MSI N460GTX CYCLONE 1GD5/OC GeForce GTX 460 1GB
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 4 x 512KB L2 AM3
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz
    250gb Caviar Black WD HDD (7200RPM)
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Linux Backtrack Dual-Boot
    1000W Coolermaster Silent Pro PSU

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Vivec View Post
    Do NOT buy from ibuypower. They do terrible jobs. You could do better, for cheaper, if you assembled it yourself. Also, $900 USD could get you an excellent computer, so you don't need to spend as much as you think.
    oh is that so? $900 is like 550 so thats good, but i wouldn't have a single idea of what to put in a computer if i assembled it myself!

Default My Build

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 6 MB Cache, 3.30 GHz (Socket LGA1155) --$229--
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3P --$225--
    Graphics: ASUS EAH6870 Radeon HD 6870 1GB --$220--
    Memory (RAM): Kingston HyperX 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 X 2 --2 x $50 = $100-- (Total of 8GB RAM - 4 sticks, 2GB each)
    HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB --$90--
    Case: COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Full Tower ATX --$120--
    Power Supply (PSU): XFX Black Edition P1-750B-CAG9 750W --$130--

TOTAL: $1114 = 692.2

Keep in mind, this does not include any DVD-Drives, a monitor, keyboard, mouse and sound system.
    The power supply is the bare minimum required for the computer to safely operate, so in future, if you decide to upgrade your graphics card or go for double graphics cards (SLI or CrossFire), you'll need to upgrade the PSU too.
    Also, it is said that the new i series CPUs, in this case the one that I picked, has some problems. It might be wise to wait some time for Intel to correct them and then buy one.
    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by HomelessAvatar; 02-10-2011 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HomelessAvatar View Post
    Keep in mind, this does not include
    It also does not include the fact that Sandy Bridge is on hold until around April from recent reports of how people are handling the motherboard exchanges.

- - -

OP - You are in a different country, so I've no clue how things will convert in your monies due to supply and demand. Take a look at my site and compare to your local sites. You may want to see if Liziana is still up on prices and parts over there. She built a system pretty recently, I think about 2 months ago.
    **Canceled Oct '11, cannot reply on forums. Contact me through my site.**
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast
    rabb1t's Gamer Day 2010 After Party videos
    joo can has Rift iPhone 4 and Droid wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Vivec View Post
    Not sure where you get your information from, my computer I got from them has been nothing but awesome. They work fast, have great customer service and got me a quality product.

Also of course you could do it cheaper yourself, but if your anything like me and don't know what I need or want to have to worry about assembling my own PC then they are great. Also if you assemble your own computer you don't get a warranty, if you buy from someone else (ibuypower) you get a warranty.

Soulwalker

http://www.hardware-revolution.com/b...ng-pc-q4-2010/

check out this site it might be helpful

Edit: You can always save yourself money by reusing some of your old hardware like power supply if its high enough as well as your case if the motherboard can fit in it.
    Last edited by Shaggz235; 02-10-2011 at 06:45 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by HomelessAvatar View Post
    CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 6 MB Cache, 3.30 GHz (Socket LGA1155) --$229--
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3P --$225--
    Graphics: ASUS EAH6870 Radeon HD 6870 1GB --$220--
    Memory (RAM): Kingston HyperX 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 X 2 --2 x $50 = $100-- (Total of 8GB RAM - 4 sticks, 2GB each)
    HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB --$90--
    Case: COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Full Tower ATX --$120--
    Power Supply (PSU): XFX Black Edition P1-750B-CAG9 750W --$130--

TOTAL: $1114 = 692.2

Keep in mind, this does not include any DVD-Drives, a monitor, keyboard, mouse and sound system.
    The power supply is the bare minimum required for the computer to safely operate, so in future, if you decide to upgrade your graphics card or go for double graphics cards (SLI or CrossFire), you'll need to upgrade the PSU too.
    Also, it is said that the new i series CPUs, in this case the one that I picked, has some problems. It might be wise to wait some time for Intel to correct them and then buy one.
    Hope this helps.
    WHAT hmmmmm

you dont need a 750W supply with the 6800 series cards they are pretty good powerwise compared to the older 4 and 5 series

I run 6850 on 550W corsair supply fine, AMD have a really good page on their website to work out what sort of power supply you need for their cards with recomended suppliers. I don't allways look at wattage on PSUs anyway, its often better to get a proven good make at a lower wattage than some of these cheaper ones that report higher wattage. Quality supplies maintain their power smoothly and last a lot longer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast