+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help me decide NEW COMP!!!

Plane Touched

Its also not too long till the Bulldozer chips are out by Amd which if they dont perform as well or better than Intel will force a bit of a price squeeze on current chips so you will get either a bit more saving or a chance at what might turn out too be a better alternative chip.

Quote Originally Posted by Freakinout View Post
    Switching form WoW to RIFT and getting a new comp. This is what i have so far check it out and see if i should change anyhting.
    Lot's to change, some others have mentioned, like you should wait for the sandy bridge stuff to return in April. If, for some reason, you absolutely must purchase right now aka "today" I'd recommend you go either AMD or socket 1156. You don't want 1366 IMO due to it being end of life.

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-950 3.06 GHz 8M Intel Smart Cache LGA1366
    Cooling Fan: Intel LGA1366 Certified CPU Fan & Heatsink [-20]
    Again, I recommend against socket 1366.

Motherboard: (2-Way SLI Support) Asus Sabertooth X58 Intel X58
    Bit pricy. That's probably $25-50 more than you need to spend. And again, I'd say avoid socket 1366.

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480
    If cost is an issue you should absolutely not be buying expensive outdated poo tech that performs worse and has outdated features compared to something like the GTX 570 which is far cheaper.

Power Supply Upgrade: 800 Watts - XtremeGear
    While nice if you go dual GPU someday, for single GPU you only need 650w. If cost is an issue, again this is somewhere you are spending money you don't need. For people where cost is an issue, they won't ever be going dual GPU. Far better to save the money and upgrade the GPU while it's still only 1 generation behind and sell it on Ebay to recover costs of your upgrade. (I've done this for at least 3 Nvidia generations and paid for at least 50% of the new card cost every time, and this was with high-end cards, 7900 GTX, 8800 GTX, etc.)

LCD Monitor: 22" Widescreen 1680x1050
    Um what? These days the 1920x1080 are barely any more expensive than other monitors.
    **Canceled Oct '11, cannot reply on forums. Contact me through my site.**
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast
    rabb1t's Gamer Day 2010 After Party videos
    joo can has Rift iPhone 4 and Droid wallpapers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2