+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RIFT: Test Your PC!

Default RIFT: Test Your PC!

Just wanted to share this for all you young'ins and oldens out there. To anyone who are curious as to whether if your computer has the abilities or the incapabilities, to run the game. Your question is solved.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

The site just simply tests your computer as to how well it can manage the game. And no, this isn't a damn phishing site nor a keylogger site. If you find any doubts in regards of the site, copy and paste the link to google and look for yourself.

-Orb

Quote Originally Posted by Orbulis View Post
    Just wanted to share this for all you young'ins and oldens out there. To anyone who are curious as to whether if your computer has the abilities or the incapabilities, to run the game. Your question is solved.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

The site just simply tests your computer as to how well it can manage the game. And no, this isn't a damn phishing site nor a keylogger site. If you find any doubts in regards of the site, copy and paste the link to google and look for yourself.

-Orb
    Only thing that dident pass was my memory
    I got a win 32 bit got it for free so i dosent bother me that mutch.

Soulwalker

So the only thing this does is take the game's suggested min and recommended specs and bounces it off your PC specs. It's an automated quick check I guess, but what we really need is a graphical benchmark that will give an FPS. Lot of people with high end systems are bogging down, while many people with older systems are running smooth as butter.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by soulfuser View Post
    So the only thing this does is take the game's suggested min and recommended specs and bounces it off your PC specs. It's an automated quick check I guess, but what we really need is a graphical benchmark that will give an FPS. Lot of people with high end systems are bogging down, while many people with older systems are running smooth as butter.
    Yeah really. System requirements seem to mean less and less these days, especially when it comes to MMOs.
    If at first you don't succeed, threaten to quit unless it's nerfed.

SF
    It is still helpful by any means. Better than to have a working game than a broken one.

-Orb

Champion

SF
    yeah no different the Can I Run It,.. the game client as is does not even match the base minimum specified requirements Trion posted:
    Operating system : Windows XP, Vista or 7
    Processor : Dual Core 2.0 GHz or better
    Video Card : Nvidia GeForce FX 5900, ATI/AMD Radeon X300, Intel GMA X4500 or better

I have 3 systems right next to me..
    (one listed in sig with HD4200 @ 750Mhz)

AMD Opteron 165 Dual Core@ 2.4Ghz
    FX5900 or X1800XT (open bench)
    2GB DDR1
    WinXP/Vista/Win7/Redhat/Ubuntu-Edubuntu/

Intel Dual Core 2 @ 2.0 Ghz GMA 4500M (laptop)
    6GB DDR2
    Win7 Pro 64 bit
    32GB SSD

and NONE of them play Rift even at the very lowest settings (low qual. renderer).. the most powerful of the 3 (3.4ghz X4, HD4290) only manages 8 FPS, the FX5900 takes about 3 mins to load to char screen and the laptop just black screens. ALL fo which Can I run it said meet specifications (gave warnings though)
    Last edited by SirPent; 02-10-2011 at 11:15 AM.
    CPU: AMD FX 9370@ 5.1Ghz Cooling: Corsair H100
    Mem: 32GB GSkill 1.5V 9-9-9
    HDD: 1 OCZ SSD (boot drive), 2x OCZ SSD in Raid 0 (game drive) 1x 2TB (backup)
    GPU: Sapphire 290
    Asus VH242H (1920x1080p) X3 for 5760 x 1080 Goodness

Features: Recommended attributes of your Video Card
    Required // You Have
    Video RAM 512 MB // 4.0 GB
    Hardware T&L Yes // Yes
    Pixel Shader version 3.0 // 5.0
    Vertex Shader version 3.0 // 5.0

lol.
    My computer
    Proud member of the Forum Troll fan club.

The silly thing is, you have people saying if you have, for example, an HD5770 or AMD Athlon II X4 640 Processor and have gotten fairly dismal performance in Rift that you will need to "upgrade/get better gear" and that's getting rather silly considering the aforementioned hardware is far and above the minimum requirements.

So, next time you see some poster spout off that "you need to upgrade your PC" , please take an honest look at your PC because what they are saying just might be a load of crap. Just sayin'.

Telaran

To bad that site is wrong in a long run.

It shows what the spec is but the performence is worse then that shows.

Another site (that i cant remember the name on) show's better status of what you lack.

I pass the recomended easily and still cant play on what the settings shows.
    CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 425 Processor 2,70 Ghz
    Ram: 6 Gb
    Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5570 1GB (Total 3,8GB)
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11

SF
    Try giving 3DMark a whirl then

~ Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For Thou Art Crunchy and Go Well With Ketchup... ~
    OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE @ 3.6GHz GPU: Nvidia Gainward GTX 580 GOOD Edition RAM: Corsair Dominator 8GB DDR3 1600 PSU: Corsair HX850W

Quote Originally Posted by Richi83 View Post
    To bad that site is wrong in a long run.

It shows what the spec is but the performence is worse then that shows.

Another site (that i cant remember the name on) show's better status of what you lack.

I pass the recomended easily and still cant play on what the settings shows.
    Hey, just sharing the info!

-Orb

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Orbulis View Post
    Hey, just sharing the info!

-Orb
    It's nice of you to do that, so its nothing wrong with that.

Just saying that i hope everything will be fixed in the future.
    CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 425 Processor 2,70 Ghz
    Ram: 6 Gb
    Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5570 1GB (Total 3,8GB)
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Soulwalker

My laptop can just make the min requirements will this make the game all but unplayable or will it just look some what bad?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Jski View Post
    My laptop can just make the min requirements will this make the game all but unplayable or will it just look some what bad?
    Minimum requirements is not a very pleasant/enjoyable experience.
    2600K@5.3Ghz
    XFX GTX580@960
    28" 1920x1200
    SuperNerd

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by C-BuZz View Post
    Minimum requirements is not a very pleasant/enjoyable experience.
    I was scared of that dam i do hate when the games become so high end that you got to put down a lot to even play them. Maybe they will set it up so you can play ok on minimum when the game is fully out?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast