+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36

Thread: Whats your connection like? Speed?

  1. #1
    Shield of Telara Fluffycalico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    694

    Default Whats your connection like? Speed?

    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1151125584.png

    Just wondering what people are getting on average from speedtest.net

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple osxg33k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffycalico View Post
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1151125584.png

    Just wondering what people are getting on average from speedtest.net
    50/60/70 up down 50 mb

  3. #3
    Champion of Telara Ulfhedjinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,142

    Default

    50mbps here, feels good man.

    Nice company network OP, almost as fast as some Virgin home connections.
    Last edited by Ulfhedjinn; 02-10-2011 at 10:14 AM.
    If at first you don't succeed, threaten to quit unless it's nerfed.

  4. #4
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    789

    Default

    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1151699606.png

    Pretty good considering I pay for 20 Mbps.

  5. #5
    Champion of Telara Ulfhedjinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick494 View Post
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1151699606.png

    Pretty good considering I pay for 20 Mbps.
    Is that with Comcast Powerboost enabled?
    If at first you don't succeed, threaten to quit unless it's nerfed.

  6. #6
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhedjinn View Post
    Is that with Comcast Powerboost enabled?
    yea, I didn't bother to turn off powerboost. Still not bad considering, especially the ping.

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    21

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    2

    Default

    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1152064681.png

    Why is mine so bad? I have Comcast Xfinity... ??????? I was checking this thread cause my game download is over 11 hours.

    Update... called Comcast, they sent signal to router and I reset it.. now at:

    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1152149368.png

    Certainly better than 3, but not great...

    Hey Maverick! Noticed you're on my same Comcast server! Where you at? I'm in Lakewood.
    Last edited by marthared; 02-10-2011 at 04:11 PM.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple jimerick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    netherlands, amsterdam
    Posts
    183

    Default

    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1151125584.png


    no idea what i means? is it good?

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimerick View Post
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1151125584.png


    no idea what i means? is it good?
    It means she lives next door to the cable company and has a 3 inch thick pipeline running straight into her ethernet port. Or she lives in South Korea.
    Last edited by jp74; 02-10-2011 at 06:26 PM.
    Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5, AMD Phenom II X4 965, AC Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 (30C idle), 8GB G Skill DDR3, Gigabyte GV-R685OC-1GD, COOLER MASTER Silent Pro M700, 1 TB WD, Thermaltake V9 Black Edition case, 23" Acer H233H @1080p via HDMI

  11. #11
    Champion of Telara Ulfhedjinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jp74 View Post
    It means she lives next door to the cable company and has a 3 inch thick pipeline running straight into her ethernet port. Or she lives in South Korea.
    I think it's a company network, but 100mbps is not going to be that special soon. I could already get it for 45/mo here in the UK, or 35/mo with a bundled phone service, but 50mpbs is enough for me.
    If at first you don't succeed, threaten to quit unless it's nerfed.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Krimian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    England, Manchester
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    This Is what i get all the damn time!
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1152267478.png

    ~ Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For Thou Art Crunchy and Go Well With Ketchup... ~
    OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE @ 3.6GHz GPU: Nvidia Gainward GTX 580 GOOD Edition RAM: Corsair Dominator 8GB DDR3 1600 PSU: Corsair HX850W

  13. #13
    Champion of Telara Ulfhedjinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krimian View Post
    This Is what i get all the damn time!
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1152267478.png
    That's way better than my old Sky ADSL conneciton, you should be grateful (unless you're on cable and paying for faster).
    If at first you don't succeed, threaten to quit unless it's nerfed.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Krimian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    England, Manchester
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhedjinn View Post
    That's way better than my old Sky ADSL conneciton, you should be grateful (unless you're on cable and paying for faster).
    No i'm paying for up to 10Mb/sec so thats good as it does stay at that speed even in peak times.

    Really want to upgrade to the 50Mb/sec package though, Just not sure if i want to fork out for it

    ~ Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For Thou Art Crunchy and Go Well With Ketchup... ~
    OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE @ 3.6GHz GPU: Nvidia Gainward GTX 580 GOOD Edition RAM: Corsair Dominator 8GB DDR3 1600 PSU: Corsair HX850W

  15. #15
    Champion of Telara Ulfhedjinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krimian View Post
    No i'm paying for up to 10Mb/sec so thats good as it does stay at that speed even in peak times.

    Really want to upgrade to the 50Mb/sec package though, Just not sure if i want to fork out for it
    I'm on the 50mbps and it's well worth it, trust me.
    If at first you don't succeed, threaten to quit unless it's nerfed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts