+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Search function is broken on these forums.

Default Search function is broken on these forums.

I'm noticing when I try to do search, if I repeat a search it will serve me the same search (to the point it says, "generated XX minutes ago." I've had to wait up to 90 minutes to repeat a search. Relogging doesn't always fix it either. I've also cleared my cookies for riftgame.com. I'm using Firefox 3, BTW.

Anyone else having this issue?

On MMO break until someone decides to put out a game developed for PvP.
    On Deck:
    Jon Connor - Love Me Now
    Dir en grey - Hageshisa to kono mune no naka de karamitsuita shakunetsu no yami

It's probably a temp fix to avoid the forums being brought down from all the users. I assume when they make the next round of forum software upgrades, most likely just before of after launch, we'll see things like that rectified.

Edit: I tried it, I'm not sure what you're talking about. Maybe it just does that for search trends, basically for the reasoning above? As in, if someone searches for pineapple 10 minutes ago, it will give you their results to cut down on database polling. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Naria; 02-10-2011 at 06:35 AM.

I did a bunch of things and a bunch of stuff; now I'm just a casual player.

Quote Originally Posted by Naria View Post
    It's probably a temp fix to avoid the forums being brought down from all the users. I assume when they make the next round of forum software upgrades, most likely just before of after launch, we'll see things like that rectified.

Edit: I tried it, I'm not sure what you're talking about. Maybe it just does that for search trends, basically for the reasoning above? As in, if someone searches for pineapple 10 minutes ago, it will give you their results to cut down on database polling. Just a thought.
    I figured as much, but it makes it pretty hard to track thread progress having to individually refresh them all in seperate tabs. Especially 20 or so at a time. Makes the browser messy and slow.

On MMO break until someone decides to put out a game developed for PvP.
    On Deck:
    Jon Connor - Love Me Now
    Dir en grey - Hageshisa to kono mune no naka de karamitsuita shakunetsu no yami

+ Reply to Thread