+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flicker during cinematics. Help?

Shadowlander

Default Flicker during cinematics. Help?

I'm running an AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core 5600+ 2.9GHz processor, 4 Gb RAM and a Radeon HD 4870 vid card. I get excellent fps in game and everything looks great. When I watch the intro cinematic everything is fine. The in-game cinematics (before your character starts/ exiting the starter zone) flicker in a seizure-inducing strobe. I've updated my drivers to the current 11.11 or whatever it is now as well as tried all the available older drivers. Nothing fixes this issue. Suggestions?

Plane Touched

That's odd tbh. Have you tried setting to the lowest resolution in-game with fullscreen on?

Soulwalker

I am having this problem too, the game runs great but the cinematic after character creation and leaving the starter zone constantly flicker to black, can't even see them. Has there been anyone else with the issue or any explanations? My graphics card is ATI and the drivers are all updated

Quote Originally Posted by Nico21x View Post
    Has there been anyone else with the issue or any explanations? My graphics card is ATI and the drivers are all updated
    Exact same problem, ATI graphics card, updated my drivers yesterday. My PC isn't the best, but everything's updated and the game runs fine, it's just the cinematics.
    Any ideas how to fix this? Because it's actually pretty headache inducing

Plane Touched

i had that with my old system, but on my new system, which also has a (newer) ATI card, it works fine.

1 year old pc - custom built same problem.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man canít do. For instance, you can accept that your father was a pirate and a good man or you canít. But pirate is in your blood, boy, so youíll have to square with that some day..

Same here; ATI HD 5970. Game runs smooth, but cinematics are all messed up.
    Officially owned by Alsbeth the Discordant.

http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=815027&dateline=13020  88690

Elitists and game programmers think alike; The first thinks the game is too easy, the other nerfs the crap out of them.

Rift Disciple

CONFIRMED by many people to be an ATI card problem.

I can also confirm this as my wife had a 8800gts and was fine, I originally had a 4870 and had flickering cinematics... upgraded to nvidia gtx 460 and no more flickering. Newer ATI cards may be fine but previous gens have this problem.

Judging by the replies also seems to be amd/ati users.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
    CONFIRMED by many people to be an ATI card problem.
    I think it's also related to Windows XP. I'm not much of a tech-head but I've heard from Win Vista/7 users with similar cards and no issues whatsoever.

Soulwalker

same problem here, windows xp and an ati card, is it possible to submit this problem to the devs or something?

for some reason i lowered the resolution and made it fullscreen (not windowed), and it got fixed, however the problem sprung back when the end tutorial video showed up, also i tried to see the videos again with new characters and its the same problem.

+ Reply to Thread