+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Game cards

Default Game cards

Not sure if this is the right section to ask this question but here goes....

From what i read there should be time cards available for this game. It was one of the first things i look for before i try a game out as i'm one of the few people left who probably dont use credit cards. I've searched and none of the major retailers seem to be carrying them, i looked at the account page and there doesnt seem to even be an option to input a time code into it.

Did this option get taken out? with less then a month left before this game gets released, this is pretty much the deal breaker to buying this game or not. I hope there is, i really like this game.

Before people mention prepaid credit cards. I live in Guam. Unfortunately ive looked far and wide and there doesnt seem to be any vendors on island that sells prepaid credit/debit cards.

Default Yes

Yes there will be gamecards, they have addressed this recently. I to like gamecards so I hear you.
    Be Guided by the Hand of Justice or be Crushed by the Fist of the Tribunal....!

Will other methods of payment (PayPal, for example) are offered for pre-orders?
    We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express. We are actively working toward providing PayPal as well. Game Time Cards will be available from major retailers by March 1st.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...PDATED-1-20-11

Yes i read the faq, thats where i got the info that this game will have gamecards, but upon looking to preorder one along with the game, they didnt have the option available. I called the local gamestop to confirm and they said they dont have it for preorder which led me to ask the question here as i wanted to make sure before i buy this game.

Quote Originally Posted by delkong View Post
    Yes i read the faq, thats where i got the info that this game will have gamecards, but upon looking to preorder one along with the game, they didnt have the option available. I called the local gamestop to confirm and they said they dont have it for preorder which led me to ask the question here as i wanted to make sure before i buy this game.
    Game Time Cards will be available from major retailers by March 1st.

That's all they've got on it really. If you're lucky, places will begin selling them a week prior. But some of them might not sell them until the day of release.

Soulwalker

Default available in europe

Are players from europe also able to buy a Game time card. Because it will be the only way i can play rift after the first 30 days

Shadowlander

Gamecards will indeed be for sale from march 1st, but it will be cheaper to get on a founders subscription plan.
    Even at march 1st you will not need a gamecard, since the game comes with 30 days of playing, by the time its late march the cards should be widely available.

@ThFH : 1 thing is for sure the site www.12game.com will sell them, you probably know that large dutch retailer but if I were u I would check other sites with code per email somewhere in march, I am sure the cards will be cheaper then at 12game.com

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchguy1975 View Post
    Gamecards will indeed be for sale from march 1st, but it will be cheaper to get on a founders subscription plan.
    Even at march 1st you will not need a gamecard, since the game comes with 30 days of playing, by the time its late march the cards should be widely available.

@ThFH : 1 thing is for sure the site www.12game.com will sell them, you probably know that large dutch retailer but if I were u I would check other sites with code per email somewhere in march, I am sure the cards will be cheaper then at 12game.com
    bye bye bye cant wait 4 days more till Beta 7

My one big concern as to why i would want a game card asap because even with the 30 day free time that comes with the game, you still need to pick a subscription plan to activate your account, at least thats how its always worked for other games. Without a credit card activating my account doesnt seem possible.

+ Reply to Thread