+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Purchasing New Laptop

Default Purchasing New Laptop

okay i am going to purchase a new laptop for rift online seeing as i was currently playing ffxiv then stopped i figured time to get a laptop so i wanna know what u guys think of the laptop down below.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell+-+X...&skuId=1997242

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ichrisownz View Post
    okay i am going to purchase a new laptop for rift online seeing as i was currently playing ffxiv then stopped i figured time to get a laptop so i wanna know what u guys think of the laptop down below.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell+-+X...&skuId=1997242
    don't buy that one

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8130-...m1-p-2973.html

only slightly more and way mo better.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick494 View Post
    don't buy that one

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8130-...m1-p-2973.html

only slightly more and way mo better.
    yea that is a nice one but kinda pricey and u got to customize it i dont want to play on full graphics maxxed or anything just play regularly with no lag from graphics and stuff like like the graphic card i use now on desktop is the gts 450 and it does pretty well with the game i just wanna find something similiar but a lil better for my laptop

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ichrisownz View Post
    yea that is a nice one but kinda pricey and u got to customize it i dont want to play on full graphics maxxed or anything just play regularly with no lag from graphics and stuff like like the graphic card i use now on desktop is the gts 450 and it does pretty well with the game i just wanna find something similiar but a lil better for my laptop
    a GT445M is no where near the same as a GTS450

a GT445M is like a GT220 maybe, probably not even quite that good.

a GTX460M is about on par with a GTS450 desktop card.
    Last edited by Maverick494; 02-09-2011 at 07:40 PM.

I can't play games on a 15" screen. Personally I love my Asus G73, not to mention its sexy *** design.
    "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."
    Albert Einstein
    Ovgan<FUN> Sunrest

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Krazybojangles View Post
    I can't play games on a 15" screen. Personally I love my Asus G73, not to mention its sexy *** design.
    I played on both a sager 15.6" @ 1920x1080 and now on the G73 17.3" @ 1920x1080 and I can say that I hate carrying around this monstrous laptop that fits in no bag. The 15" screen was perfect.

Don't buy from Best Buy. Look around on Amazon and NewEgg.
    **Canceled Oct '11, cannot reply on forums. Contact me through my site.**
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast
    rabb1t's Gamer Day 2010 After Party videos
    joo can has Rift iPhone 4 and Droid wallpapers

I played on both a sager 15.6" @ 1920x1080 and now on the G73 17.3" @ 1920x1080 and I can say that I hate carrying around this monstrous laptop that fits in no bag. The 15" screen was perfect.
    I found a case for mine just fine. It is a little on the large size.
    "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."
    Albert Einstein
    Ovgan<FUN> Sunrest

Off topic: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834990198 Not that it would make lugging a 17" laptop around any more fun.

On topic: Don't buy from best buy. They have an assload of crapware on the computers then rip you off to remove it (assuming you do not do it yourself). Spend the extra cash and grab a decent gaming laptop.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4 GHz RAM: 8 GB GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 1333 MOBO: Gigabyte GA-MA790GPT-UD3H Case: Cooler Master ATCS 840

GPU: Crossfired Dual XFX ATI HD 5850 PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800 W modular PSU Storage: Western Digital Caviar black 1 TB x2 Raid 0

Keyboard: Logitech G110 Mouse: Logitech G9x O.S.: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Anakha View Post
    Off topic: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834990198 Not that it would make lugging a 17" laptop around any more fun.

On topic: Don't buy from best buy. They have an assload of crapware on the computers then rip you off to remove it (assuming you do not do it yourself). Spend the extra cash and grab a decent gaming laptop.
    I have an attache type case already, I am a backpack type of person and this laptop is very heavy compared to my last 15". I will stick with 15" from now on since there is no real reason to get a 17" for me.

+ Reply to Thread