+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Auto approaching when out of range.

Soulwalker

Default Auto approaching when out of range.

Can anyone say if this feature will be available at launch?

Maybe I was spoiled by the great features experienced in Aion, but, as I take part in Rift beta testing the most game breaking problem for me is the fact that when casting, my guy will not step forward to lock into the needed range to cast. Now, I know the beating that's coming my way for not being 100% ecstatic about the game, but it is a feature that without it, will keep it from being my no.1 mmo. I'm not asking that you dont have to be facing your target to cast or anything like that. I just need a simple auto approach for casting in range easily, and for when I want to run to an NPC from a distance and know that when I get in range, I can interact with it without trying to click through tons of RL Players. /fingers crossed

I think it won't be implemented cause most of the people that play this game have more than 2 fingers.

I guess @ this point it's a part of rift to have to use WASD to control your char , auto-run to target would make the game a lot less skill based.

You can ask for a Distance or range check in the ui though.
    Last edited by Freetobe; 02-09-2011 at 07:30 PM.

I don't see much point in this... at some point we have to say there's too much simplification to a game...

While I have used the feature, I could live with or without.

Press both mouse buttons... hit W or the Up-Arrow, you can do it!

I did a bunch of things and a bunch of stuff; now I'm just a casual player.

Soulwalker

Thumbs down

Well... Time to start a class action lawsuit against Trion Worlds for not making the game playable for 1 fingered ppl like myself...

I play Aion just fine with all my Phalanges and still appreciate the auto-range/auto-approach OPTION. It's the little features that make all the difference in the world.

and yes, sex is RNG.

It's perfectly playable, and you're being a touch dramatic.

There's a button named "W" and a Button Marked "Up". I mean, with one finger you can hit both mouse buttons on 90% of mice.

Sorry but your proposed class-action lawsuit has no founding. It would be as much a convenience for you as anyone else.

I did a bunch of things and a bunch of stuff; now I'm just a casual player.

+ Reply to Thread