+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Headset question about Turtle Beach x31.

Telaran

Default Headset question about Turtle Beach x31.

Hey guys, this is for someone familiar with the Turtle Beach x31 headset.

I want to use the headset for Rift when the game comes out and I'm unsure what accessories I need. I'm thinking I just need a 3.5mm-to-3.5mm cable and PC chat adapter cable (or 2.5mm-to-3.5mm adapter + the cord the headset came with) to be able to hear in game audio AND hear voice chat through Vent as well as be able to speak in Vent. Does anyone know?

I guess I'm just a little confused about this Amigo II thing that Turtle Beach keeps pushing. Do I need that?

Thanks

Shadowlander

Don't quote me but isn't it a mixing issue within Vent rather than cabling? U can mix (on the right AFAIK) other sources into your cans i.e. game sound and your chums chat

Shadowlander

I use X31's, haven't tried a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter. I plug the headset into a wireless 360 controller and use a wireless adapter. You can use a wired controller instead. Using a wireless controller with a plug and play USB cable does not transfer data, you have to have the wireless adapter. The wireless receiver for the X31 is plugged into the computer via the USB + an RCA to 3.5mm adapter. In Vent I set the mixer to the XBOX 360 headset microphone.
    Last edited by SN3AK; 02-09-2011 at 07:32 PM.

Shadowlander

Here is what you need:

First, a dual headed cord with 3.5mm plugs is needed to get your audio working correctly. One plug goes into the line-in port on the wireless receiver, the other into you headset plug on desktop/laptop. Plug the USB into a USB port as well. Now you have your sound.

Secondly. to get the voice working, you need to get a 2.5->3.5 converter plug. I found one at my local electronic store. Plug the straight end of the mic cable into your headset as you would when using it with your XBOX. Attach the 2.5_.3.5 converter to the opposite end of the cable and plat into your microphone jack and...

Bingo! Now you should have full audio and voice capabilities. People without turtle beach headsets truly don't know what they are missing... the sound gives me eargasisms...

+ Reply to Thread